How much better would an e30 M3 be than my 87 325is?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • moatilliatta
    replied
    The e30 m3 may be the best bmw ever made....

    Leave a comment:


  • kroberts
    replied
    They are this much better.




    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Of course it depends on what you consider traffic but I used to DD my M3, about 35 miles on the 405 freeway, bumper to bumper LA traffic damn near the entire way and it wore me out. Not enough room to stretch it's legs out and that's where it really shines. I bought an 88 325iS because of it and was much happier. Also keeps the M3 out of harms way if you only drive it for pleasure.

    Leave a comment:


  • brandondan1
    replied
    And I thought I would get flamed... Maybe r3v is more mature now

    Leave a comment:


  • ILoveMPower
    replied
    For me, the M3 is a brilliant piece of motorsport history! I've never driven one, but I can only imagine how good it feels. I would not buy one to mod it or drive it daily, but to restore/keep it in the best possible condition, and have a very enjoyable drive every couple weekends.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimator
    For your information, I watch Cash Cab in the afternoons.
    I like that show

    Leave a comment:


  • PhillyG
    replied
    Originally posted by blunt
    i felt the same way until a stock e30m3 fell into my lap. i always thought my s52 car was set up nicely with all the good parts. but it just didnt handle as well as the balanced m3. im still not impressed with the power it makes but momentum driving and you can kill much more powerful cars
    Ask any racer. Any real racer. It don't matter if you win by an inch or a mile. Winning's winning.

    Leave a comment:


  • blunttech
    replied
    Originally posted by nando
    but aside from the body differences -there isn't anything really unique about the suspension. The caster comes from offset CABs that you can fit on any E30 (as is commonly done anyway). The flares don't really make the car a whole lot wider, and the OP has an 87 so he has a tire advantage over the later cars already. a narrowbody can be built to handle just like the M3. 5 lug is barely an advantage - there are plenty of great wheels in 4 lug, as well as nice BBKs. OEM tires are the same nominal diameter (~23.9"), although it may be slightly easier to fit a wider tire on an M3. I guess if you like the visual appeal of an extra bolt?

    Personally, I think most people get the E30 M3 because OMG it's an E30 M3!! But unless it's built like marianos - it's not going to be a whole lot different - and you'd better bring your checkbook!

    I'll give the M3 additional rigidity, looks, history and of course holding its value better, but if you want to take a car to the track and beat the shit out of it, I don't think the M3 has a real advantage here - especially since you will be beating on a peice of history instead of a one out of 2.5 million 318/325.

    I don't really "get" DDing an E30 M3 either, I've had too many close calls in my own POS..
    i felt the same way until a stock e30m3 fell into my lap. i always thought my s52 car was set up nicely with all the good parts. but it just didnt handle as well as the balanced m3. im still not impressed with the power it makes but momentum driving and you can kill much more powerful cars

    Leave a comment:


  • Optimator
    replied
    You seem to have quite a hardon for me. Maybe you should come up to CT one of these days so I can usher you into the vaunted halls of womanhood.

    Leave a comment:


  • PhillyG
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimator
    I believe NYC traffic would cause your penis to shrivel up into your abdomen around 2 inches, resulting in a shallow pleasure hole that could be orally stimulated in a similar fashion to eating a woman's box.
    But, but, but, you live in ct so unless your traveling to NYC at the age of 15 to go to your high ranking business job than shut your fucking dick sucker for christ sakes.

    Leave a comment:


  • Optimator
    replied
    Originally posted by Julien
    watching law & order stoned make you say that?
    I laugh at your insinuations.

    For your information, I watch Cash Cab in the afternoons.

    Leave a comment:


  • nando
    replied
    Originally posted by cferb
    Well to start with it doesn't weigh as much, and the suspension is set up differently and better. An m3 on race springs would handle better than a 325is on the same race springs, I'm not sure if coilovers would have the same difference.

    what is so different about the suspension?

    Same mcpherson design in the front. same trailing arms in the rear. the only differences are extra track width, the swaybar attatchment in the front, and offset cabs for more caster, all of which are very simple (and common) narrowbody mods.

    the weight - not really much lighter, if any. Most E30s will fall in the 2600-2750 range, and it's not hard to shed 200lbs without completely gutting the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • SpecM
    replied
    Originally posted by Julien
    watching law & order stoned make you say that?
    I laffed

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by Optimator
    I believe NYC traffic would cause your penis to shrivel up into your abdomen around 2 inches, resulting in a shallow pleasure hole that could be orally stimulated in a similar fashion to eating a woman's box.
    watching law & order stoned make you say that?

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    Originally posted by SpecM
    downtown Ashville is hell to navigate at 5pm, no lie
    lol. soo true though. anyways, it's plain and simple, buzzy 4cyl dohc with a light flywheel is more of a pita to drive in stop and go traffic than a torquey 6cyl.. if you don't like my opinion, eat penises

    Leave a comment:

Working...