Let's talk intake manifold design

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15 times? That seems a bit much, no?

That would mean a nearly 8L airbox volume for a 3.1L M20.
    Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
    Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
    One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by rs4pro3 View Post
      When I was doing research on mine, I found that for the plenum size you want the internal volume to be at least as large or larger then the total engine displacement, My plenum ended up having a volume of 3.2 liters. Runner length all depends where you want peak power, look up Helmholtz frequencies. In my case I ended up using a runner 3 inches shorter then I calculated I needed, but it ended up working perfectly, I may of miss calculated or just got plain lucky
      I herd also on a F.I. set up you would want the plenum volume to be 1.5 of the displacement. i thought that was interesting.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
      @Zakspeed_US

Comment

have a look at this thread. they seem to have done a lot of research/work into this
        http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread...ghlight=plenum

Comment

I was thinking of hacking up an intake manifold from a 750il for my set up. After all each one is designed for 2.5l displacement. My main concern is to keep the TB location or move it to the center like the m50 engines.
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

www.gecoils.com
          My euro 316 project Transaction Feedback

Comment

Working...
          X