I hope its not dead...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I hope its not dead...

So I was driving my car home from a friends house today and the engine almost started clunking. Stupidly I drove it home. I had no clue what it could have been, so when my dad came home had him listen to it and he said it could have thrown a bearing or the oil pump might not be getting oil to the rocker arms and what not. I know this is very general but if anyone has any clue please help me out. I miss that thing and its only been a few hours without driving it.

youre prolly going to have to be more specific

SC*AR

Originally posted by JamesE30
    And with a car looking like yours I imagine the balance shall tip in the favor of insult, like a big fat fucking retarded fucking black girl on a see-saw, opposite... a dwarf.

Comment

Temp was fine, oil was a little low, added a quart and didnt help any. I have no clue what it could be.

Comment

I am reading the Bentley right now and sounds like it could either be values need to be adjusted, rocker arms broke, or cam bearing went.

Comment

If you're trying to have a contest between who can guess your problem: The internet with your vague descriptions, or you with physical access to the car, I think you will win.

Take off the valve cover. Should be pretty obvious.

-Charlie
          Swing wild, brake later, don't apologize.
          '89 324d, '76 02, '98 318ti, '03 Z4, '07 MCS, '07 F800s - Bonafide BMW elitist prick.
          FYYFF

Comment

Originally posted by dager325 View Post
            I am reading the Bentley right now and sounds like it could either be valves need to be adjusted, rocker arms broke, or cam bearing went.
            Corrected^^^^^^

Does it sound like a hammer hitting metal or is it more of a clicking (Valve Chatter) noise. Also, check to see if it is louder from the bottom of the car or is it louder by the valve cover. If it is louder from the bottom, most likely a spun bearing or dropped cylinder. If from the top, open up the valve cover and check your rocker arms, retaining springs, valve height, etc.

IF this doesn't fix anything, PM me. My uncle is a BMW mechanic and his brother owns a BMW Dealership so I will definitely get answers for you.
            sigpic...

1991 325is- Current Project w/ 150k on the clock
            1990 325ic- SOLD w/425k on the clock and still ran!
            1985 528e- SOLD
            1972 2002tii-Should have never sold it!

Comment

look under valve cover. report back.

Comment

I just in from working on it. I compression tested it, all were fine. Check valve clearance they were also fine. Rockers look fine. Noise is definately sounds like its coming from the top of the engine. Its more of a ticking noise but that doesn't make sense if the valve clearances are fine.

Comment

Adjust your valves...
                  Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Can you read?

Comment

m20's naturally tick,maybe you could record it on video so we could help diagnose it better.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Def pull the valve cover off. It only takes like 15min. Check for things that look not good.

Comment

Newbies with awful descriptions.

Comment

...or we could try to help him out.

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                              m20's naturally tick,maybe you could record it on video so we could help diagnose it better.
                              I know what you mean. It would do that a lot but now its a lot louder. It sounds very similar to this:

Comment

Working...
                              X