E30 325i Touring or E82 135i M Sport?

Both manual, with sport seats.

Which would you buy and keep forever?

Ready... Go!
    E30 325i Touring
    69.77%
    E82 135i M Sport
    30.23%

1s are best kept for a short time before something expensive/egregious to repair fails, or bought with a warranty. Also, they're not special feeling.

Realized an option was missing from the Pole.
    Last edited by roguetoaster; 09-18-2019, 09:07 PM.

Comment

Touring
      89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

I really liked my '13 135i...........until, totally stock and never been tracked or raced after spending lots on maintenance in 8k miles and 18 months of driving, it started showing signs of rod bearing failure.

So I ditched it before it started sounding like a diesel.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
          I really liked my '13 135i...........until, totally stock and never been tracked or raced after spending lots on maintenance in 8k miles and 18 months of driving, it started showing signs of rod bearing failure.

So I ditched it before it started sounding like a diesel.

The responses so far have been pro-E30.

But right now the 135 is ahead in the poll.

How many miles on your 135i at the time?

Comment

Great timing on this, I was just looking at 135i but cant get over the inevitable sh!tstorm of maintenance will hit. Get the Touring, put a higher comp M20 in it and live life
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by mach schnell View Post

The responses so far have been pro-E30.

But right now the 135 is ahead in the poll.

How many miles on your 135i at the time?
              33,800 when I traded it in.

Along with the inevitable leak from every oil seal on the engine, if you get an N55 car with the DCT, it WILL eventually need reprogramming to not as bad in traffic or idle. Electric water pump can go 40k miles or 90k miles, most seem to be 60-70k. If the AC fails, the dash is coming out.

A lot of people don't realize just how quick they are though.
              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Watched a timelapse of an unfortunately common E82 evaporator replacement, and my desire to own one vanished.

Comment

theres so many new cars that appear to be awesome until you read about the horrific and stupid issues they have... so sad. I've been wanting a GT car for a while but I always stop when I read things like "headbolts need to be replaced" or "rod bearings need to be replaced" ... like WTF people.

Oddly enough theres an Italian GT car that is still surprisingly affordable because of a bad rep... what is the bad rep associated with? Its "F1 paddle" shifter killing the clutches and the clutch replacement being thousands of dollars... well, theres also a 6-speed manual version and the clutches only go bad on those when you're retarded... oh, but theres also a heater core issue which is obviously a nightmare to replace LOL
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:
                  -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

When cars stopped being mechanically and electrically simple they became disposable. Not that E30s aren't, but there is no real reason an E30 can't make it to 100 years old and still be in good operable condition as the parts will always be easy enough to replicate even when OE spares are long gone.

Comment

Had my fleeting romance with an n54 135i, was like dating a crazy woman who was amazing in the sack but utterly batshit insane. Tried to kill me more than once, broke my wallet, embarrassed too many cars worth far more, was lots of smiles & lots of heartache​​​​​, & was pretty sure she was having an affair with my mechanic because she loved to spend time there

Untitled by Ant Bolic, on Flickr

Comment

touring e30 don't come around everyday. the 135i is dime a dozen
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Would love to hear some details on these major maintenance issues. Generally when you search " X car issues" on internet all you hear is the bad stories.

Comment

Neither but I would talk to a mechanic that consistently works on 135s if you were bent on getting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Javier h View Post
                              Neither but I would talk to a mechanic that consistently works on 135s if you were bent on getting one.
                              That would be difficult to do, probably too busy working on them to talk.

Comment

Working...
                              X