Clear All

A Rockwell reference?! ^
    Originally posted by kronus
    would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post
      Rust is a bitch, no doubt about that.

it might be time to get on that..
      Been on it. My build thread is on the V8 subforum.

Comment

People irritate, but cars challenge. If the E30 challenge is not a match, move on.

Comment

No complaints from me about E30's themselves, going all the way back to 2004. I love everything about them from factory trim to fully modified.

My only gripe is how expensive they have become, relative to what they used to be. I know. Old guy stuck in his old ways. But in my mind they're just overpriced nowadays.
          My previous build (currently E30-less)
          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

The cost and availability of parts is becoming more and more of an issue.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Elysian View Post

Been on it. My build thread is on the V8 subforum.
              just read it, pretty badass build! I noticed you are in Austin, I’m out in Spicewood, and I think I texted you about some BBSs on CL a few weeks ago. My daily’s trans grenaded so wheels have to wait..

I just started driving an e30 again like a week ago and in general, I just fucking love these cars, they are 97% perfect for me. Modern cars have spoiled me a bit. I do miss my steering wheel controls for the stereo/phone though.

It does irritate me that 33 years worth of other humans have had their filthy mits on the car and done things half-assed. That’s not great.
              "In God we trust. All others must bring data." -W. E. Deming

/// 1987 325is /// Project Thread
              Past: 87 is, 88ix, 88 i, 87 ic, 89 ix, 17 others.

Comment

That they don't make 'em anymore!
                R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Genius ^

Comment

Originally posted by agent View Post
                    A Rockwell reference?! ^
                    Wondered who’d catch that Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                    2016 Ford Flex
                    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Conrad311 View Post

just read it, pretty badass build! I noticed you are in Austin, I’m out in Spicewood, and I think I texted you about some BBSs on CL a few weeks ago. My daily’s trans grenaded so wheels have to wait..

I just started driving an e30 again like a week ago and in general, I just fucking love these cars, they are 97% perfect for me. Modern cars have spoiled me a bit. I do miss my steering wheel controls for the stereo/phone though.

It does irritate me that 33 years worth of other humans have had their filthy mits on the car and done things half-assed. That’s not great.
                      Yep, that's me

Closest thing to an E30 I've daily driven is an E24 My V8 build "ran" when I bought it, but didn't really drive, blown head gaskets and other issues with the motor made it not want to move. My other E30 never ran, I rescued it from a field only to store it in my backyard

Comment

Originally posted by TobyB View Post
                        fanbois.
                        'respect your elders' stickers on a car that's really just a warmed- over 2002.
                        ^ guilty

the finicky driver window switch/wiring is quite irritating. I've "fixed" it 3 times only for the symptoms to persist..... but this is more related to old age than anything else.

non removable core support
                        stock headlights
                        headliner
                        shifter throw
                        steering rack like steering a boat

but honestly I adore these cars. they have sooooo much more right than wrong and it blows my mind that 30+ years later there are so many still on the road with hundreds of thousands of miles on them. I think it's a great testament to the more mechanically grounded engineering of many years past. And despite more parts going NLA as time is passing - I think it's also still fairly amazing how many intricate mechanical parts can be bought new. I'll keep an e30 or two or three until the day I die. Crazy to think that by then the e30 will be just about as old as a model T is to us now.
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

The stock wheel gap.
                          85% of the time i have no idea what I'm doing

Comment

its been said already but the price of cars and parts is way OTT these days, plus parts are becoming harder to find.
                            89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                              This (jack in the trunk is sub-standard) is the only legitimate complaint from that post.
                              All the others are nonsense and are solely based on the e30 being an old car and suffering "old car problems".
                              I'm not so sure - the "Central locking being iffy" is kind of a design flaw by BMW. I recently found this really excellent DIY and undertaking a fix, wanted to post it up here for everybody else who might be constantly having trouble with this (like me!).
                              Although there are a multitude of reasons why your central locking may not be working (Microswitches, actuators, fuses, previous owners attempts) there are two
                              1990 BMW 325iC Triple Black Hard Top, Self-Wrenched, Original Owner Family

Comment

Rust, and water leaks causing more rust. I've spent way more time treating rust and scratching my head over water leaks than on mechanical repairs. IDK if that makes the e30 an amazingly reliable car or a car destined for scrap

Comment

Working...
                                X