Missing the old R3V Format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing the old R3V Format

TBH I miss the old formal / colors of the forum. It was easier on the eyes and a bit better looking IMO. Not complaining, just wondering if anyone else feels the same.
    [/SIGPIC]

I agree... I think it was much easier to navigate & get to what you're looking for too.

CAPP.

Comment

My understanding is that a change was needed to keep up to date with the software. I do miss the location feature - it was nice to know when someone was nearby.

Comment

There's a dropdown at the bottom of the page that says 'Black Red', if you click it you can switch to a dark theme. Not the same as the old theme, but a bit easier on the eyes.
        Instagram
        Build Thread

F87 2020 M2 Competition Coupe Long Beach Blue/Black w/Blue Stitching
        F22 2014 M235i Coupe Estoril Blue/Black (Sold)
        E46 2003 325xi Sedan Jet Black/Natural Brown Leather
        E30 1989 325i Vert Bronzitbeige Metallic/Natural
        E30 1986 325es Coupe Alpine White/Pearl Beige

Comment

I miss how the old r3v showed the user's location under their avatar on each post. Really useful in the classified section, since nearly NO ONE understands that location matters enough to put it in their listing. The old r3v was noticeably faster too. Can't turn back time, but I do still get a gratifying E30 fix every time I logon & poke around here. Glad we have this valuable resource.

Anyway, here's an E30-related pic to help you get your fix. E30 Grill (not grille).
          Click image for larger version  Name:	33083991_429732147453220_983209458203099136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=CR04MSwjtxkAX_GcGJP&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=8d1a336679c2b9f99749d266720f03f8&oe=5ED384F7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	9904515
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
            I miss how the old r3v showed the user's location under their avatar on each post. Really useful in the classified section, since nearly NO ONE understands that location matters enough to put it in their listing. The old r3v was noticeably faster too. Can't turn back time, but I do still get a gratifying E30 fix every time I logon & poke around here. Glad we have this valuable resource.

Anyway, here's an E30-related pic to help you get your fix. E30 Grill (not grille).
            Click image for larger version Name:	33083991_429732147453220_983209458203099136_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=CR04MSwjtxkAX_GcGJP&_nc_ht=scontent.fewr1-5.fna&oh=8d1a336679c2b9f99749d266720f03f8&oe=5ED384F7.jpg Views:	0 Size:	78.7 KB ID:	9904515

Same. And I can really use those euroweaves on that grilll as spares. They can put my bottlecaps on there

[/SIGPIC]

Comment

I think everyone here misses the old format. Unfortunately, there's no going back, due to the lack of security support, for the old version of forum software. James and I discussed it at great length, and he wouldn't have changed it, unless it were a necessity.
              '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

I miss it as well, but I understand the need to upgrade... switched color over.. way better on the eyes.. thank you for that tip..
                it's just a ETA !

Comment

Looks like most of us miss the old format. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 M tech 2 Convertible - S50 Swap
                  1992 e34 Touring- S50 Swap
                  1992 325i-S50 Swap (SOLD)

1995 e36 M3 Mugello Red - S50 (SOLD)
                  1991 325i Convertible Laguna Green (SOLD)
                  1987 325i (SOLD);1992 M tech 2 Convertible (SOLD)
                  1988 325i Convertible Alpine White (SOLD)
                  Brilliantrot Convertible 80k Miles (SOLD)
                  1992 325i Convertible Schwarz (SOLD)
                  1992 318i Convertible Project-Finished (SOLD)

Comment

The update has plummeted forum usage.

Calling this version a downgrade is an understatement; its a piece of s#$%.
                    Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

Originally posted by noid View Post
                      The update has plummeted forum usage.

Calling this version a downgrade is an understatement; its a piece of s#$%.
                      A piece of ship you say? Which one?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

A piece of ship you say? Which one?
                        This piece of the ship:
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	toilet-on-a-old-fishing-ship-picture-id1152900679.jpg
Views:	337
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	9905078
                        Your resource to do-it-yourself and interesting bmw and e30 stuff: www.rtsauto.com

Your resource to tools and tips: www.rtstools.com

Comment

^
                          Go to the head of the class.

Comment

There is a company called Internet Brands that has bought hundreds of popular Internet forums.

It also bought vbulletin. Then it kicked out the developers and hired new ones who created vbulletin 5 from scratch. It's known to be slow and buggy.

Check some forums owned by Internet Brands.
                            The leading unofficial Honda and Acura technical resource site

The most comprehensive source for Audi news, information, rumors, and discussion.

The top destination for Mercedes and AMG discussion, news, and rumors

BikeForums is the leading online discussion site for avid cyclists.

These forums use vbulletin 3 while Internet Brands promotes and sells vbulletin 5.

Comment

That was 5 to 8 years ago IIRC. Even VB staff struggles with VB on their own forum. Remember, VB3 is no longer being supported, officially at least.

Comment

Working...
                              X