Podi "Alpina Tribute" Vent Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Podi "Alpina Tribute" Vent Gauge

I've been trying to get in touch with MC Hammered for several months now to buy one of his gauge pods:
    Podi, makers the only OEM replacement steering column for your Audi or Volkswagen. We pride ourselves on delivering the best pod and gauge solutions on the market.

He had several threads selling them, but isn't answering his business phone number, emails, PMs or threads. I'm guessing I should take that as an answer, but I really want one of these gauge pods.

Does anyone know him who could ask if he has any left?
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Assuming your number hasn't changed, I sent you a text.
    1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
    2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
    2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
    2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
    1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
    1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

I have been aswell

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Podi has an Instagram page "podiguages" however the most recent post is from 2015.

Their Facebook page has been removed.

A quick browse of his facebook history shows that he's involved with a new startup business and that seems to be his focus.

Based on all that I'd assume that Podi is no longer operating.
        Last edited by iXguido; 05-01-2020, 05:52 PM.

Comment

An alternative to this could be this repro gauge https://www.instagram.com/jr_parts__france/
          I have one fitted in my iX and it's looks very nice! Also the seller is a nice guy, I bought his very first gauge. Turned out he made a couple of small changes to the electronics and some programming stuff.
          I could send my gauge back to him and he send me an updated version back.

1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
          1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input! I heard from McHammered last night:
            "The e30 vent gauge is currently unavailable as VEI Systems, the company we partnered with to make the gauge internals, has stopped accepting any new order requests for the last 8 months. They have not provided an ETA for when they will lift this restriction."

I've asked if there is a way to get the gauges manufactured again, but I'm not very hopeful.

Originally posted by D.Martijn View Post
            An alternative to this could be this repro gauge
            That gauge is awesome! The only thing it's missing is a way to track my AFR, but I suppose there are other options for that. Thanks!
            sigpic
            1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
            1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Looks like I'm going to go with an Alpina Repro like D.Martijn posted, unfortunately this leaves out the option for a stock-ish looking AFR gauge.

Does anyone have a suggestion for an AFR gauge that doesn't look too out of place, but is also within eyesight while driving?

sigpic

Comment

Just bought an e30 M3 with one installed, should be in my possession within a week. I may potentially not want it as I prefer mostly stock interiors.
                sigpic

1999 528it - Daily Driver “Dad Wagon”
                1991 325is - 2.8L Budget Stroker Garage Slut
                1991 318is - Sold
                1986 325 - Sold

Instagram - Lamoursum

Comment

Same as Martijn i also have the JR Parts vent gauge.

IMG_20201230_141512 by Pieter Van Nevel, on Flickr

Very happy with it. Try to contact Jean Marie from JR Parts on instagram to check if he has any solution for the AFR system? Maybe he can adapt this screen/button to receive AFR signal?

Belgian E30 Driver
                  /
                  //
                  1990 - E30 - 318i Cabriolet Brilliantrot
                  /// 1988 - E30 - 320i Touring Diamantschwarz (Sold)
                  /// 1990 - E30 - 318IS Coupé Lazurblau

Check out my Rare BMW Music Edition Cassettes Topic

Comment

Working...
                  X