325es badging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325es badging

I'm looking at buying a 1987 325es. The car I'm looking at is badged 325- no "e" or "s" on the trunk badge. Did the "es" ever come w/o the "es" badge? Thanks

In 87 there were 3 eta trim levels. 325, 325e, 325es. Does it have sport seats?13 button obc? LSD? Larger lower air dam? Spoiler? Rear decklid raised speaker pods? If it doesn't have these, it's not an 325es.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

Thank you! I think the rear lid was replaced. The Vin on Car Fax says "es" but the car in question has 325 badge (no "es") and no rear spoiler. Waiting for owner to get back to me on OBC etc.

Comment

I would look for a car with the best body condition and no rust.

Comment

Sure, it would proudly say 325eS on the decklid. By now, many parts have probably been swapped though so you have to know what you're getting.
          "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
          88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
          89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
          91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Somebody please correct me if I'm wrong, but couldn't you look on the sticker in the driver's door jam in order to tell? I know this to be true between the 325i and 325is so I would assume it's the same for eta cars, assuming it's not a case of the PO doing a swap or something of that nature.

Comment

Thanks for all your input. Is indeed an “e” with sport seats upgrade. Low miles and no rust so I’m still interested. $5K asking price. Having my 325i in the shop for paint has me itching for a new project.

Comment

Working...
              X