The Future of R3VLimited.com

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can't wait. Thank you.
    84 325e - 91 325i - 92 318 touring - 91 Trans Am - 01 S4 avant - 03 S-type R - 96 F350
    Manual swap all the things!

Comment

Thanks for the update and keeping this site running - it's been invaluable as a resource! I would also be very happy to donate once the time comes!
      The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
        Update 6/9/2020. .....this will certainly be a several week outage during the transition.
        Good to see the progress, thank you. Does this mean the forum will be shut down completely for a time? Any idea of dates?

Comment

viva el r3v!
          Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

Also, after a few google searches and looking around on facebook, there isn't much else forum or group wise out there any more, is there? I shouldn't be surprised but I log in every few months, a year maybe and r3v seems to be the last pillar of the e30 community still standing.
            Jah bless! :pimp:

Comment

A fast food lunch costs about $10.00. I am sure we all can contribute to keep the site running for years. We should do an annual fund raising instead of a monthly fee. People would be more open to this. How about having some cool E30 stuffs that can be given away at the end? We all have a box of E30 stuffs that we save for a rainy day. Someone's trash is another one's gold.

Comment

The problem isnt the cost of running the site as far as Im aware, just seems that many people arent contributing anymore. Luckily most of the information is still here and there are still some regular posters. I dont even have an E30 anymore but Im still here and actually have 2 active threads lol ... at least one of the two is a BMW
                Simon
                Current Cars:
                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                  The problem isnt the cost of running the site as far as Im aware, just seems that many people arent contributing anymore. Luckily most of the information is still here and there are still some regular posters. I dont even have an E30 anymore but Im still here and actually have 2 active threads lol ... at least one of the two is a BMW
                  Glad R3V is alive and well. Thank you James, moderators and contributors. I’m working my way back here. It’s been a while. Marriage, kids, life...still got the e30 though and keep in touch with members I met during my build and buying parts over the years.

Comment

i think the bigger problem is, as these cars keep going up in value, so do the costs of parts and maintenance, and what was once a relatively cheap car to keep going and modify, is not quite the case anymore. my thoughts - i'm sure it caused a lot of folks who were members at one point, to cash out and move on to something else. if i were starting out as a young teenage fella wanting to get into an e30, i simply couldn't afford it. it's disheartening, on some level.

in some cases, folks just aren't into it like they used to be - i'm one of those...but that's another story in itself.

i still lurk here fairly regularly, but just don't have much to add these days. i've grown much quieter in my old age. to some, i'm sure that's a relief - myself included. it's a weird and sad world, anymore, but it is what it is. i miss the glory days of ~2008-2015. lots of good times were had back then. it's too bad i never realized they were the "good old days" while we were in them.

as always, many thanks to James for keeping the old girl going - from the bottom of my heart. as i've said before, i owe everything i have in my life to this forum.
                    '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Originally posted by e30austin View Post
                      i think the bigger problem is, as these cars keep going up in value, so do the costs of parts and maintenance, and what was once a relatively cheap car to keep going and modify, is not quite the case anymore. my thoughts - i'm sure it caused a lot of folks who were members at one point, to cash out and move on to something else. if i were starting out as a young teenage fella wanting to get into an e30, i simply couldn't afford it. it's disheartening, on some level.
                      This happens to most classics - they bottom out, the young enthusiasts start modding them, they start becoming rare and then the young enthusiasts get priced out, then there's a bubble (not sure we're quite there yet with normal e30s, but maybe we are) and then at some point they ultimately fall back to their long term value.

If I was starting out in BMWs now, the e46 probably fits the criteria that my e30 did back when I bought it in 2008. I work at a university, and recently some students were helping me load gear into my e92. They were enthusing about 3 series in general & I mentioned I had an old one that was my 'fun car' - they said what, an e36? When I said it was an e30 with a 3.5L they were amazed that a) I would have one / could afford it & b) managed to find the parts to modify such a classic?! I just pointed out that I'd had the car a long time.

Thanks to James for keeping the site going too - maybe it'll become like 2002faq, but there's loads of good information here to help keep e30s alive, and still a few affordable roughies around for the young enthusiasts to do major rust repairs on in their garages.

I do miss the old days of Trina, r3v hunting down e30 thieves etc
                      My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

I'd post a lot more if it didn't take 5+ minutes to load a single thread. The change to this current layout definitely hurt I think, hopefully James has an update for us soon.
                        Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post

I'd post a lot more if it didn't take 5+ minutes to load a single thread. The change to this current layout definitely hurt I think, hopefully James has an update for us soon.

Absolutely and I cannot wait for the update.

Comment

Its as if we've forgotten what it was like to dial up to get internet... we're spoiled now. I dont mind, is it annoying? Yes. Will it stop me from coming here? No. Will it stop youngsters from joining? Probably
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It was just really bad timing, as the user base was lost to FB the site became worse to use. Ideally, this would be the time to get old users back, and make it very new user friendly so the site does noy simply die off.

Comment

Its as if we've forgotten what it was like to dial up to get internet... we're spoiled now. I don't mind, is it annoying? Yes. Will it stop me from coming here? No. Will it stop youngsters from joining? Probably
                                My fibre connection goes back to dial up speed if I exceed my data limits for the month... not happy times. I do miss the old modem sound when you dial in though

My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Working...
                                X