Ebay M20 Headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by der affe View Post
    so what has the header install done to your MPG? up, down, or the same?
    haven't noticed any better or worse, but then again I don't drive the car to see how many miles per gallon i get.

7speedshop.com

Comment

just kind of wondering, since you should have gained more efficiency from the header. maybe i'll pay attention when i put mine on.
      seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

well the same pipe as last time is leaking again. if I hold the rpms at 1k in neutral it does not leak at all, but just idling I sound like a tractor. it is just the last or second to last one leaking, I can't really pinpoint it exactly. I'm going to redo the gaskets ONE more time before I decide that these are not worth the hassle in the long run. This time I'm going to use high temp gasket sealant and hope everything works. I got a good month out of them not leaking and I've re torqued them plenty of time, I redid all the hardware with new.
        basically I'm just going to undo the rear section(the only section leaking), pop the gaskets out put some gasket sealant on and then re-tighten everything and hope for the best.

Is no one else having trouble with these headers? I mean the finish is holding up great but not much else.

7speedshop.com

Comment

My one tube was tweeked like i said, but when i took them off of my burgundort car and put them on this black one. They sealed up just fine.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

re-tightening headers now, I applied RTV to the leaking pipe. RTV package says it takes 24hrs to fully cure so I'll probably wait until tomorrow before I start the car up.

7speedshop.com

Comment

just wondering, have you ever tried to contact the seller reguarding all of the problems that you are having with them?

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                just wondering, have you ever tried to contact the seller reguarding all of the problems that you are having with them?
                they don't reply to emails.

it just puffs out the side of the circled one, if I shove a rag on the side the sound stops.....and then the rag sets on fire, not joking:).

its all torqued down now, I'll start the car tomorrow and hope for the best.
                Last edited by kamotors; 08-07-2009, 06:02 PM.

7speedshop.com

Comment

here's an idea. get a long file board or if you can borrow an air powered inline sander. lay it accross the flanges where they meet the head with the header in a vice.
                  use the fileboard or inline sander to plane down the mating surfaces of the header until they are all flush to one another. that should cure your problem.

it will involve removing the header though to do the work.

just make sure that the fileboard or inline sander stays in contact with all of the flanges all the time so you level them all out and keep them flat.

i used to do that to EVERY header i installed or removed and reinstalled just to make sure that it was right before it put it on.
                  Last edited by der affe; 08-07-2009, 11:14 PM.

Comment

I'll make sure to do that If I have to pull them out again.

7speedshop.com

Comment

you ever going to dyno this thing?
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        you ever going to dyno this thing?
                        maybe?:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

get on it then! :)

Comment

okay they don't leak any more For how long I don't know, but its sounds so smooth now its great. I can actually almost hear my valves now:) RTV smells funny but I would rather have the car smell than sound like a clunker. Now I just have to get my magnaflow on:)

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
                              I can actually almost hear my valves now:)
                              You seem to have the opposite problem as I concerning valves.
                              I can't get them to shut the hell up.
                              Last edited by Moto-Mucci; 08-08-2009, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
                                You seem to have the opposite problem as I concerning valves.
                                I can't get them to shut the hell up.
                                my valves have always been really quiet and I've never had to adjust them

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                                X