preventative maintenance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TooTall90 View Post

yeah thats what i figured. however i didnt know Febi was second rate, i just got a coolant sensor from them. i feel like febi was respectable back in 2010 when i had my old e30, maybe i was wrong, im not stressing it though.
    Febi is okay, although they do seem to be a cheaper brand now, mainly they wouldn't be my preference compared to the others. Worth remembering that there may only be one manufacturer at this point, and every brand is basically selling the same part with different standards given to the actual manufacturer.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Febi is okay, although they do seem to be a cheaper brand now, mainly they wouldn't be my preference compared to the others. Worth remembering that there may only be one manufacturer at this point, and every brand is basically selling the same part with different standards given to the actual manufacturer.
      I'm seeing made in china notes more and more when it comes to Febi
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I'm seeing made in china notes more and more when it comes to Febi
        Yeah, pretty sure they're headed down the Meyle path.

Comment

If you don't have one already, you definitely need to get a Bentley manual.
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Add a couple of things to your list...rebuild the injectors, replace the suspensions (front and back), and check and replace all the fuses.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

On this subject-

I just found a set of Febi rockers from 5 years ago, and compared them to some new Febi rockers I bought for a different head. TOTALLY different, the new castings were terrible.

Also, because the new Febi's sucked, I ordered the new INA rocker arms that just hit the market, and they're the same exact pieces as the Febis with Febi's stamp ground out. All but one was ground out in the set I ordered. It was sad pulling a Febi rocker out of an INA box. I returned them as well.
              1990 Brilliantrot 325iS Build Thread
              1989 Zinnoberrot M3 Build Thread

Comment

don't forget the tranny and diff fluid change... $100
                cap and rotor (check at least)
                I went with Ebay 3 ply coolant hoses (do not use the brackets provided with them they leak!!)

Comment

Originally posted by AWDBOB View Post

On this subject-

I just found a set of Febi rockers from 5 years ago, and compared them to some new Febi rockers I bought for a different head. TOTALLY different, the new castings were terrible.

Also, because the new Febi's sucked, I ordered the new INA rocker arms that just hit the market, and they're the same exact pieces as the Febis with Febi's stamp ground out. All but one was ground out in the set I ordered. It was sad pulling a Febi rocker out of an INA box. I returned them as well.
                  It's pretty funny how obvious the ground out name is...

Sucks, INA is usually a go to when it comes to solid cast or metal pulleys
                  Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Working...
                  X