Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
    times change unfortunately. i still visit the forum but these cars are becoming collector cars instead of drivers and as people have moved on the knowledge has too. it happens to every chassis.

r3v is still the best e30 resource out there
    I DD mine, but I get your point. Its annoying that after dailying an e30 for a decade, I'm just now starting to learn about the more technical aspects (engine building and management) as the care are getting more rare and prices are going up.
    sigpic
    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Next person who talks shit about James is getting the BAN HAMMER

test me
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
        Next person who talks shit about James is getting the BAN HAMMER
        sigpic
        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Originally posted by downforce22 View Post
          times change unfortunately. i still visit the forum but these cars are becoming collector cars instead of drivers and as people have moved on the knowledge has too. it happens to every chassis.

r3v is still the best e30 resource out there
          I do laugh a bit when I search for advice on my r3v and find what I need in a post that's over 10 years old! Thankfully, the r3v guys don't archive stuff off to the black hole after a certain age.
          R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
          └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

I bumped the other thread, quote from it's first page:

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
            Now that I've click baited you into thinking we are closing down (we are not..) I have a few updates.

It's obvious the vBulletin 5.X migration has caused a large number of problems. Performance is horrid, we have constant database issues, searching fails and locks the cache event table which crashes the forum, and we are running into random login issues occasionally.

vBulletin support is worthless, and while they have one good resource over there (Wayne Luke), it seems as if he is the only employee handling support and thus can only ask questions and not jump into determining why we are having the issues we are having.

So, with that being said, after looking at options and speaking with other vendors we are moving at a large expense over to the Invision Community Platform.

This will be a slow migration and we are currently testing how well our 22GB Database is going to migrate into the Invision Platform. I will keep members posted via this thread on our status and once a beta site is available for testing.

Few things to keep in mind

1) it's going to look and operate a little differently, honestly, deal with it, and adapt to change. If you are providing feedback on why a button you used to have is now on the other side of the screen I cannot help you with that. R3V is supported by other business ventures of mine, we don't have ads, we don't charge membership, and I don't plan on changing that, so keep that in mind when you complain for the sake of complaining

2) We will be on vBulletin until I am content all the CONTENT and USERS are migrated over properly. R3V is a database/wealth of knowledge that is my primary concern, followed by ensuring existing users can log in without issue

3) I vetted several vendors and decided on Invision due to the support teams they have, in fact, it was 6 times the cost of other platforms and frankly didn't offer much more than say XenForo, but I don't have time to spend hours upon hour digging through logs trying to figure out why a button does not work when I can toss in a ticket and have them point to the problem.

More to come, bare with us, we are doing what we can

--------------

--------------

--------------

Absolutely nobody can repay James for the work he's done to keep this going and nobody could possibly bad mouth him.

What James pointed out was the plan last year, I assume this is still the plan with the E30 Chapter support?

Having just looked again at the pricing breakdown for Invision Software / Community... the cloud I assume is what you're going to transition to, those costs are definitely pricey month to month with our database and potential active users.

I'm going to assume some membership fees will help with this some way tied into the E30 Chapter of BMW CCA?

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
            X