Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone even visit this forum anymore??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincenze
    replied
    Vbulletin was initially written by a group of UK programmers.
    Then, the US marketing company Internet Brands bought it and hired a new team of programmers who created the version 5, which is a complete rewrite.

The UK programmers created the new forum software Xenforo.

Leave a comment:

• McGyver
    replied
    It didn't use to be this slow, it got bad when the site updated. I thought "they" were working on a new version to speed things up?

Leave a comment:

• e30austin
    replied
    s14.net uses the same version of vBulletin and it's infinitely quicker. still have a hard time getting used to how this forum is laid out, considering i had been used to the old version for over ten years. lol

Leave a comment:

• Digitalwave
    replied
    What's bloated about the front end? Maybe because I'm on the dark theme but it seems pretty minimal (but still painfully slow). Maybe the code is just written poorly.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    That would make sense with the POS that this version of VB that we are working with.

Leave a comment:

• nando
    replied
    I'm actually am starting to think it's actually the bloated interface that's making things slow, not the backend. When I access the database through the mod CP, it's really fast. But anything in the public forum loads extremely slow.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    Originally posted by TobyB View Post

Duuudeee.... My Ferd's got rimz. A nd a 6' lift kit.

t
    it actually burns a quart every 500 miles. Or less, if towing the pro3 car.
    If it were a BMW someone would claim that this is "normal" behavior.

Yeah, it's slow on PC and mobile via browser.

Leave a comment:

• moatilliatta
    replied
    I think it’s always been slow. Just every thing else has got faster in the last 10 years.

Slow on PC also?

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied
    Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

Where's your truck man? Maybe you need to cover the mini truck spectrum.
    Duuudeee.... My Ferd's got rimz. A nd a 6' lift kit.

t
    it actually burns a quart every 500 miles. Or less, if towing the pro3 car.

Leave a comment:

• Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post

I am tethering from my phone right now (about ~4mB/s) and it's no faster at home with 100+mB/s. :/

As mentioned (and i linked previously), many boards are running on vB, and have been for decade(s). Perhaps it's an "ease of use" newer system, but some boards i still occasionally hit still look identical to mid-'00's.
    Same this is the biggest reason I don’t log in much anymore (besides now having a real job to do). It feels like after the re skin loads just sooo slow now.

Leave a comment:

• roguetoaster
    replied
    If I ever got off my ass and worked on the damned cars, I might post something....

hee

t
    Where's your truck man? Maybe you need to cover the mini truck spectrum.

Leave a comment:

• 2mAn
    replied
    If I ever got off my ass and worked on the damned cars, I might post something....

hee

t
    Do you even own a BMW anymore?...

Leave a comment:

• TobyB
    replied

hee

t

Leave a comment:

• m3clutch
    replied
    I'm mostly a lurker, do like reading down posts and seeing who is communicating on here. Now that I'm finally working on my car after years of neglect, it's tough to find good threads with working links/updated methods/approaches. Still thankful for the community. Might have to check out the FB page for the marketplace. I'm trying to buy parts but the parts for sale section is kinda dead...

Leave a comment:

• ForcedFirebird
    replied
    Originally posted by nando View Post
    To beat a dead horse, the biggest reason (aside from having less free time) I come here less is the slowness of the site. I have to really be interested in a topic to click on it, wait 20 seconds for it to load, see somebody quote a whole post of pictures and say "nice", and not be pissed off for wasting my time (and another 20+ seconds to go "back" to the index).
    I am tethering from my phone right now (about ~4mB/s) and it's no faster at home with 100+mB/s. :/

As mentioned (and i linked previously), many boards are running on vB, and have been for decade(s). Perhaps it's an "ease of use" newer system, but some boards i still occasionally hit still look identical to mid-'00's.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X