December 2021 Car of the Month: Lambo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December 2021 Car of the Month: Lambo

*** Editors Note: Well Merry muthaf**kin Christmas to me and all of you. I’ve harassed Phil so much, I’m shocked he hasn’t blocked me. But that’s what friends do, motivate you by being a complete d!psh!t until you fix your car. In case you can’t tell, I’m very excited to feature this car. Long time R3V member, long time ownership, the ups, the downs... it’s all here in it’s glory. I’m so happy to have this car of the month, enjoy!***

Factory options:

Pretty sure it started as a bog standard 325i

Color:

Gletscherblau Metallic

Interior color:

Not sure, probably Pacific or Indigo leather

Engine modifications:

MarkD chip that's it

Exhaust:

Stock minus holes in the cat and muffler

Transmission:

Old G260
    PMC shifter
    Garagistic DSSR

Differential:

3.73 LSD

Suspension:

Old Ground Control coilovers

Wheels:

OZ Futura's 16x8.5 et24 front w/ 10mm spacers, 16x9 et18 rear w/ 5mm spacers
    205/50 junk Nankangs

Exterior modifications:

Clear turn signals
    HID's in US projectors
    Plastidipped side markers
    Mismatched mirrors
    Replica euro grilles
    Euro plate filler
    Damage from people backing into it

Interior modifications:

Junk Grip Royal wheel
    Matt-B shift and e-brake boots
    Sport interior swap
    Grand Canyon dash board mod
    Luke box
    Premium audio upgrade

Dumb shit I did as an 18 year old:

Deleted AC
    Deleted power steering

Story behind the car:

So there's not a whole lot special about this car itself, but I think the story is kind of fun. I got this car in May 2011 from r3v member Bishop. This is my first car. I grew to love E30's after my high school friend, r3v member 325ix, got a 1988 325ix, so I had to have one.

Here's the first picture I ever took of the car.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/0LVCWzFh.jpg[/img]

I got the car already modded with pretty much what it has now. It was already on the Ground Controls, already had the MarkD chip, the interior was swapped to the blue sport seats, and the 3.73 LSD was installed. Almost immediately after getting the car I headed off with it from Colorado to New Mexico for college. As a poor college student, all I ever did was mod it with stickers and do required maintenance, like driving to my friends house for spring break and having to do a timing belt job in their parent's driveway...

After daily driving the E30, going from 225k to 290k, all throughout college, I finally graduated, moved back to Colorado, and got a good job. Then I bought a 1st gen Tacoma. For the past 5 years the Tacoma has been my main focus. I heavily got into offroading and camping and shit, and that's where all my money went.

As I spent time on the Tacoma and exploring around the Western US, the E30 just sat and deteriorated. But over the past few months I worked to get it back on the road. That's where we're here today. Now that the Tacoma is more-or-less setup for what I need it to do, it's finally time for me to focus on the E30 and do fun stuff. I really want to get it out on the track next season and just have fun with E30 friends again. It's been too long.

Thanks for looking <3
    Last edited by 2mAn; 12-06-2021, 10:43 AM.
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Lambo's car is one of maybe 5 cars on here I remember following since around the time I joined r3v.

All hail the dink/This COTM post is proof that Futuras=Friends.
    Last edited by Northern; 12-06-2021, 10:45 AM.
    Originally posted by priapism
    My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
    Originally posted by shameson
    Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Love the car color and the patina on the seats. What does the sticker on the cluster say? I could only make out the booty part.
      sigpic84 325e

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention is I wanted to show the many imperfections of this shitbox, the famous dink, all the missing clear coat, the bumper damage from parking it on the street for a year, the dusted interior etc. I want to make it a nice driver and I kind of like how weathered it is after almost 300k miles.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by 808ETA View Post
          Love the car color and the patina on the seats. What does the sticker on the cluster say? I could only make out the booty part.
          lol it's a bootythief sticker from the one and only r3v og Funfgan

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

As you least you weren't a dumb dumb and sold it like what I did with all of mine. Well deserved COTM. I don't even know if I'll be able to snag another one but I've been super tempted.

And 100% yes, FUTURAS are FOREVER.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
            One thing I forgot to mention is I wanted to show the many imperfections of this shitbox, the famous dink, all the missing clear coat, the bumper damage from parking it on the street for a year, the dusted interior etc. I want to make it a nice driver and I kind of like how weathered it is after almost 300k miles.
            <3

Originally posted by lambo View Post

lol it's a bootythief sticker from the one and only r3v og Funfgan
            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Well deserved COTM, I really appreciate a car used but well loved, and the photography is excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post

Accurate gif lol
                Originally posted by priapism
                My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                Originally posted by shameson
                Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by DEV0 E30 View Post
                  As you least you weren't a dumb dumb and sold it like what I did with all of mine. Well deserved COTM. I don't even know if I'll be able to snag another one but I've been super tempted.
                  Thanks man, yeah I'm going to the grave with this thing. Also I need to hit you up about a potential AZ trip I wanna make next year

Comment

those wheels should be illegal 🔥🔥🔥

Comment

I really, really, really love this one. The patina and all of the imperfections give this car so much character. I'ts very cool and refreshing to see.

Comment

Great looking driver! Its always nice to see a "normal" car with stupid expensive parts. Glad you got it back on the road!
                        sigpic
                        1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                        1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                        1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

This car is an R3V OG! It is what R3V is all about, happy to see it here! Welcome back Lambo.
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
                          IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Nice Taco. My other main vehicle is my 80 series Land Cruiser.
                            which is use extensively for offroading and camping trips.
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1779.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10041327

Name:	20211118_080750.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	10041328
                            1993 325iC
                            1998 M3
                            1987 535iS

Comment

Originally posted by arcpolo View Post
                              Nice Taco. My other main vehicle is my 80 series Land Cruiser.
                              which is use extensively for offroading and camping trips.

Name:	IMG_1779.jpg
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	10041327

Name:	20211118_080750.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	10041328
                              I always kind of regret not getting an 80 series, they're so cool

Comment

Working...
                              X