No announcement yet.

My Grey Athletic Shoe | 1989 320i Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheres the best place to order a replacement hood from? Got some ideas and want to see what the cost is to try some things out.
    Current Builds
    1989 S52 E30 Touring | The Grey Athletic Shoe
    1993 Toyota Landcruiser | The Trail Snail

Comment

Here are LSeat's first-ever replacement rear seat covers for the e30 touring! Really happy with how well they did on these matching my custom stitch pattern from the fronts. Also because I sent my factory covers to LSeat they were able to create a template and sell replacement covers via their website here: 1988-1993 BMW E30 Touring Custom Real Leather Seat Covers (Rear)

I've used LSeat for so many cars and have been happy with all of their products & service. Great company.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1044.jpg Views:	0 Size:	230.9 KB ID:	10112468

They ship with these tags sewn to the vinyl pad at the locations where you have to hog ring it down into the seat bolsters. I've always found them to be too long and bulky so I trim them way down, punch a hole in the vinyl tag then ring it to the bolster bar.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1045.jpg Views:	0 Size:	227.4 KB ID:	10112469

Pretty good for not even being in the car.
      Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1046.jpg Views:	0 Size:	206.4 KB ID:	10112467
      Current Builds
      1989 S52 E30 Touring | The Grey Athletic Shoe
      1993 Toyota Landcruiser | The Trail Snail

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgehammer_01 View Post
        They promised to make it right, so I took the car back to them after I replaced the dead battery (because they didn't use the maintainer I gave them). They then had it from July to the first part of December during that time they completely sanded the car back down, took the windshield out to address the patch panel, and repainted the car in the paint booth. Got the car back and the new batteries were so dead they wouldn't take a charge, had to replace the battery again because they didn't use the disconnect and use the maintainer, so that was neat. Otherwise, this paint job is 1000% better than before.

That said, because of how long it took them to do this and the fact that they left it outside with a windshield out during a couple of rain storms I had multiple issues that I had to track down and fix. These were issues due to corrosion and water intrusion, which didn't make me happy. Furthermore, they didn't repair the rust behind the front wheels/jack points. And they had the gall to ask me to settle up the $1,000 I owed them, which I told them no due to the dash being sanded through and the batteries being killed among everything else. And now today, I discovered that the paint is cracking again at the seam of the patch plate under the windshield, I had to replace the blower motor which allowed me to see the other end of the patch panel and it was unfinished and already showing rust so I took care of that. Regardless the

I'm upset that they didn't repair the rust in the wheel wells but at this point, based on how they did the windshield rust repair and paint job, I don't want them to touch the car anymore. I don't want it at their shop ever again. There is quite a lot of rust on this car unfortunately, I know I'll need to handle it at some point, this experience has taught me that I can't trust anyone to do stuff to my standard, so I'll just do it.
        Good lord, this is possibly the worst shop horror story I've ever heard. Incredible
        Originally posted by priapism
        My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
        Originally posted by shameson
        Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Working...
        X