May 2023 Car of the Month: Panici

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panici View Post
    Canada has more challenges when restoring an old car IMO.

Smaller supply of old parts, new/aftermarket/OEM parts more expensive to import.
    Smaller selection of old cars to choose from.
    Shorter seasons of warm weather to work outside.
    More road salt destroying metal parts.
    No option to bring one up from a southern state (unless you pay $$$ to import).

lol i'm facing all of it. there is no organized enthusiast car scene here. most of the focus is on cars far newer. the local bmw club devolved into a group of 5 guys driving new or near new platforms. there's only so many ways you can brag about "modding" an X5 by tossing aluminum pedals on it.

i'm in the weeds here lol.

Comment

So good! Loved seeing the build progress.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Originally posted by 82eye View Post
        there is no organized enthusiast car scene here. most of the focus is on cars far newer. the local bmw club devolved into a group of 5 guys driving new or near new platforms. there's only so many ways you can brag about "modding" an X5 by tossing aluminum pedals on it.
        To each their own. As long as these guys are having fun that's what matters.
        I'm sure the guys doing frame-off muscle car restorations laugh at our E30 resto efforts. And similarly the folks making hot-rods with 1930s iron laugh at the muscle car guys.

Historically I've never been one for the local "car scene". Maybe that will change now that I have built something I'm proud to show?
        I can tell you for sure, I enjoy wrenching/driving far more then detailing & car shows.

Originally posted by noE30 View Post
        So good! Loved seeing the build progress.
        Thank you! What was your favourite part?

Comment

Whoa! Awesome stuff!

Comment

Thanks ya'll for the kind words this month! 🥰

Comment

All hail the 87is. Mine was built in Click image for larger version

Name:	16856252453726033559887286065782.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	218.0 KB
ID:	10095555 April .
              Starts instant with a pop and surges to the redline, gota love it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Galloway View Post
                All hail the 87is. Mine was built in April .
                Starts instant with a pop and surges to the redline, gota love it.
                I love it.
                I want to stick my trunk badge back on. I still have the original.
                Mine was built in December of 1986.

Comment

Awesome build! You and this car have been through a lot. That was a big recovery after the crashed pic (RIP startec) You'll likely be wanting more tire after your track day
                  1989 JDM-Tech 2
                  2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
                    Awesome build! You and this car have been through a lot. That was a big recovery after the crashed pic (RIP startec) You'll likely be wanting more tire after your track day
                    Thank you! Yes it's been a journey for sure.

Luckily that was not a real Startec, but a clone I made myself. There's a DIY on here that I wrote showing the process.
                    I have all the supplies to make another set, just need the time.

Have a new set of tires waiting in the basement, hopefully will mount early next year.

Comment

Working...
                    X