Cabrio rescue unit. (mtechII inside)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30 s52
    replied
    nice..........love the cars

    Leave a comment:


  • Marcos
    replied
    Fun thread!

    Great looking car when you where done with it. I noticed Lake Craptree in a shot there and you mentioned Bud? The architect Bud? If so, I did a front wheel bearing at his place, how funny.

    Do you Raleigh e30 guys ever meet up?

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by SSE30
    Great restoration! Really looks fantastic.
    Thanks. I kinda miss it. :( But newer projects await.

    Leave a comment:


  • SSE30
    replied
    Great restoration! Really looks fantastic.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by bimmerboy12
    Congrats on a project well done! Bet it was tough seeing it go... Mines going into storage after two years of complete restoration.
    It really is tough. I put alot of work into it and it was so easy on the eyes. Even if I wasnt driving it i could still check it out (sit in it:yawn:) Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimmerboy12
    replied
    Congrats on a project well done! Bet it was tough seeing it go... Mines going into storage after two years of complete restoration.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    The end.

    double post. pardon me.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    The end.

    Well this rescue has come to an end. I am now down to 2 e30 as I have sold my MT2 project. Many lessons learned with this rescue but I will be on the hunt again, once I see another cabrio in need of a rescue. The car will be missed but I know its in good hands now. Man, I already miss those new comfy seats!

    In the meantime, Ill spend my efforts on putting my coupe back together.

    BTW, I sold it with the euroweaves so Im down a set. :p
    Last edited by N2MYE30; 11-05-2010, 10:22 AM.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Thanks for the compliments!

    I actually did some more work on this just yesterday...rear wheel bearing. I took it to buds place and he had all the correct tools for the job...minus a lift but no biggie. I took my camera to the shop to take pix like I usually do with this progress and of course...batteries dead. Oh well. Its not a hard job at all. I heard horror stories about replacing them but it only took me about 2.5 hours. Not too bad for a first time.

    Leave a comment:


  • Avus E30
    replied
    Looks like a very worthwhile project. Lot of work but looks good.

    Leave a comment:


  • TimKninja
    replied
    You just inspired me to switch my seats from black to tan, That looks great. I wasnt sure how black on tan would look, but now I know. Tan seats seem easier to find.

    Leave a comment:


  • Kato
    replied
    Beautiful car and great job. You helped inspire me to finish off mine... It's under major surgery right now (5 speed swap) along with all kinds of other bits and pieces. :)

    I hope you don't mind me stealing a few ideas from ya!

    Leave a comment:


  • TexasTerp
    replied
    wow, great job! interior looks great. Wish I could work on projects like this

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Originally posted by e30rapidic
    it's because of all those bloody e30's you have....it won't close! lol
    Haha! I'll just haffa park them in your new garage.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30rapidic
    replied
    Originally posted by N2MYE30
    My garage door is usually open. Stop on by.
    it's because of all those bloody e30's you have....it won't close! lol

    Leave a comment:

Working...