Cabrio rescue unit. (mtechII inside)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey-U
    replied
    Nice work. You are putting a lot of life back into the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • bimma360
    replied
    Ahhhh good work man! You are doing that thing right. That buckle holder should have stayed in though. You could have just pulled on each side and taken the leather out one side at a time. IIRC there should be like prongs on each side of the buckle holder holding the leather down. Once you free it from those prongs, you are good to go. Oh well though right? At least its over with now.

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Nice! I think I got my seat kit from the same place.

    Leave a comment:


  • Julien
    replied
    great progress, sexy car :-)

    Leave a comment:


  • blackradon
    replied
    great project you have going on here. Glad to see someone giving her the TLC she needed! keep up the awesome work man!.

    Leave a comment:


  • ACHTUNG
    replied
    nice job man!

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Another update!

    Well soon after the last photos I got some new DZ101 205-55-15's. They feel better and look better too. While the car was on the lift, the mechanic noticed that a tie rod end was worn out. So I installed a new one...and of course an alignment is next.

    Purple tint removal: First try I apparently wanted to work hard...Goo-off and razor blades. I knew I was doing it wrong. Next was vinegar. This worked better but I read I need some heat and some garbage bags. So I hooked up my portable space heater and made a table for my setup.

    1. Spray vinegar straight onto the glass
    2. Saran rap the window...tint side.
    3. Aim and turn heat to max onto the window. Make sure all areas of the glass is covered to let the vinegar work

    4. Watch an episode of Top Gear! Check every once and a while to make sure all looks good (no fires)
    5. Use a razor blade to peal off tint ON TO the saran wrap. I chased the razor with a hair dryer. The tint should stick to the Saran rap.


    6. Wipe clean and let the car vent...



    I had these laying around. Yay or Nay on the laminx's


    Then came one of the biggest upgrades.


    I figured Id start on the simplest pieces...the back seat bottom was first. Ive seen other writeups on this kit and I think I got as good as the others. Its not a perfect fit but for the price (so far) not too bad. Id wish that there was more actual leather than plether but the fronts make up for it...i guess. More on that in the next update.

    These are just old and nasty with a nice cig burn.




    The old is full leather and the new aint but it smells a heck of alot better.


    And an hour and a half later. BAM!!! Done. It puckers in the corners but I tried as hard as I could.:hitler:


    Back Tops. We have all seen this...


    NAKED!!!


    This was by far the worst. Not only because I consumed too much alcohol but the seatbelt stays are a PITA to get off. This took the most time.


    About 2 hours later...


    And outside...


    Next is carpet removal...if I can only get the accel pedal off!!!



    And these bad boys are up next.


    Until text update. Cheers!
    Last edited by N2MYE30; 05-19-2010, 05:53 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Huff
    replied
    It's coming along nicely! There sure are a lot of dents all around, but they look manageable.

    Leave a comment:


  • catchuk
    replied
    wow it cleaned up really nice!

    Leave a comment:


  • vlad
    replied
    Originally posted by bimma360
    I had no idea you had this... must have missed the thread the first time around. Thats awesome man... good score and good work on it so far!
    same here, missed this thread first time around

    Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver
    Awesome work mate! The difference is night and day.
    :up:

    Leave a comment:


  • CorvallisBMW
    replied
    Damn, don't know how I missed this thread till now. Very nice!!

    Leave a comment:


  • VicSkimmr
    replied
    Yeah I was really hoping to pick that one up, though now that I see your pictures of it I think I'm glad I went with the one I did.

    Leave a comment:


  • N2MYE30
    replied
    Thanks fellas! It is a fun project.

    Originally posted by cepa318is
    Great find. Have you decided yet how much you are selling it for yet?
    Not yet since I was really looking forward to completing all I wanted to do to it. As we all know, no car is ever really done. If you or someone you know is interested, PM me an I can stop the restore. :)

    Originally posted by VicSkimmr
    So you're the bastard that took that white cabrio haha. I was really looking forward to getting that one too. At least you gave it some of it's dignity back before putting it back up for sale :)
    I was surprised to see how long the car was on clist. This car was well worth it and I wanted to make her right. Its coming along just as I invisioned it. I really wanted to change the interior to black interior with cranberry leather and rear headrests but it may not be as reselable as the tan.

    Leave a comment:


  • VicSkimmr
    replied
    So you're the bastard that took that white cabrio haha. I was really looking forward to getting that one too. At least you gave it some of it's dignity back before putting it back up for sale :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Stevie30
    replied
    The euroweaves look a lot better than the black wheels. Love the slick trunk lid. Keep the pics coming.

    Leave a comment:

Working...