Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Don't you wish your grandma's car was hot like mine! (non BMW content)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey nice, I had an '81 cutlass supreme in HS. basically the same car, with the olds version of the V6 (not sure what parts, if any it shares with the buick).

great, solid car, terrible, horrible engine. it was so slow we nicknamed it the gutless cutlass. However the interior was awesome, it was quite a bit sportier than your buick, but it didn't matter since going over 60mph was a challenge.

I ran it bone dry of oil more than once (all the galleys were plugged, leaked everywhere), have no idea how it continued to run, but I sold it for $700 to a mexican dude who promptly bagged it and then wrecked it..
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

are these your plans?
      Originally posted by Lof8
      Seriously. Every black wheel, regardless of spoke design, looks the same from more than 3 feet away.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        hey nice, I had an '81 cutlass supreme in HS. basically the same car, with the olds version of the V6 (not sure what parts, if any it shares with the buick).

great, solid car, terrible, horrible engine. it was so slow we nicknamed it the gutless cutlass. However the interior was awesome, it was quite a bit sportier than your buick, but it didn't matter since going over 60mph was a challenge.

I ran it bone dry of oil more than once (all the galleys were plugged, leaked everywhere), have no idea how it continued to run, but I sold it for $700 to a mexican dude who promptly bagged it and then wrecked it..
        Engines were identical at that time, GM had "incorporated".

Originally posted by lonestar22 View Post
        are these your plans?
        Those rims aren't big enough!

john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Sorry, no donk or low rider for me. Keeping the stock 14" steal wheels with the wire hub caps. Or maybe later down the road a set of Buick rally wheels.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by Wh33lhop View Post
            Haha nice. You know a land yacht I really want--an early 60s Continental vert. Suicide doors FTW.

(I also could shoot you for getting rid of the GN, but a kneegrow's gotta do what a kneegrow's gotta do)
            Didn't Kennedy paint one of these?

Every day I wake up we drink a lot of coffee and watch the CNN
            Every day I wake up to a bowl of clover honey and let the locusts fly in.
            Lobsterbacks attack the town again
            Wrap all my things in aluminum
            Beams of darkness streak across the sky
            Pink rays from the ancient satellite
            Every time I look out my window same three dogs looking back at me.
            Every time I open my windows cranes fly in to terrorize me.

Comment

Yes. After some brainstorming.

Comment

if you want some awesome gangsta gothic letters across your windshield i'll really hook you up. because i want to see pics of it. and i think it would be hilarious.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Sorry man, hated my 79 Regal that I had in High School and it was fairly new then. Hated the the thing promptly sold it and bought a 73 Monte Carlo and then dumped that thing as well.

Early 80's wheezer's sucked and most domestics after 72 sucked as well.
                  https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

My grandmother had a 85 regal. It was grey, vinyl top, V6, fully loaded. He recently passed away. We didn't know what to do with it, or why anyone would want it, so we gave it to a friend of mine who loves buicks. Cool story huh?

But yeah, I guess I just don't see what's so cool about these. It was a bit funny opening this thread to find the exact car I just got rid of.
                    Originally posted by Sonny
                    I am a meme for our community.

Comment

I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw this car was sold at Messman Motors...I used to date his granddaughter. He's a top notch guy.

Seriously though, nice purchase! I've always been a fan but I assure you there would be a 4 pump setup with 13" Daytons if I owned it. It's probably better if I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by e30frosh View Post
                        Didn't Kennedy paint one of these?
                        Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                        Yes. After some brainstorming.
                        oh my FUCK you are a sick son of a bitch!

F'n love it, you ROOL!

Closing SOON!
                        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by M-technik-3 View Post
                          Sorry man, hated my 79 Regal that I had in High School and it was fairly new then. Hated the the thing promptly sold it and bought a 73 Monte Carlo and then dumped that thing as well.

Early 80's wheezer's sucked and most domestics after 72 sucked as well.
                          Everyone has their thing. I'm just heavy into domestics.

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                          My grandmother had a 85 regal. It was grey, vinyl top, V6, fully loaded. He recently passed away. We didn't know what to do with it, or why anyone would want it, so we gave it to a friend of mine who loves buicks. Cool story huh?

But yeah, I guess I just don't see what's so cool about these. It was a bit funny opening this thread to find the exact car I just got rid of.
                          Yeah, there's people out there that want something. In this case it is an 80's g-body. And you also got to remember that there are people out there that wonder why anyone would want an 80's 3 series BMW!

Originally posted by BoxDriver86 View Post
                          I almost fell out of my chair laughing when I saw this car was sold at Messman Motors...I used to date his granddaughter. He's a top notch guy.

Seriously though, nice purchase! I've always been a fan but I assure you there would be a 4 pump setup with 13" Daytons if I owned it. It's probably better if I don't.
                          oh my lol. And there is an Old's Cutless in town that has that setup.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                            Needs 100 spoke Daytons and air-ride.
                            just what i was thinking, lol

Comment

my mom has a car like yours been in the family since it was new it's dark metallic blue has a 350 big block and keystone rims
                              :coolphoto:
                              oh by the way anyone know where i could get a 68 pontiac tempest body? I have 68 tempest the body is shot on

Comment

holy thread bump batman

Comment

Working...
                                X