No announcement yet.

Turbo M42. The journey to 300+whp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you sir give me inspiration to tarbo my m42 :-)

Comment

I drive mine daily so my tune is mild, I wanted it to last. I would love to add more boost and make more power, but I don't want to be fixing broke parts. I have a tune that makes more power but with my gearing doesn't benefit in any way. The current tune is much smoother and defined power band. I think with your plan of 15-18 psi, you will make 275whp or more.

Originally posted by Dj Buttchug View Post
      If thats how it is, my 15-18psi idea may have to be toned down a little.

haha... NOT. ;)

Comment

considering the weight of 318's or e30s in general i cant imagine what that kind of power will feel like.

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
        Ig:ryno_pzk
        I like the tuna here.
        Originally posted by lambo
        Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Not gonna lie. I'm diggin' the pink. Maybe get some BMW pink round emblems?

Comment

I wasn't having a huge problem with traction as long as I was going straight when I had my summer tires on the car and teh 4.10, but first gear was really too short to even do anything. I would shortshift into second around 5k rpm if I was accelerating hard. I'm hoping 3.73 will be long enough to let boost build but not so long that I'll have to work around the (now much larger) powerband.

So I take it you still have the stock ECU in the car? I would just take your time, just so you don't risk it...

As far as my oil feed line goes, I ran an oil line from the factory oil pressure switch to a t-fitting, and the turbo feed and the pressure sender are run from there. The fitting i mounted to the frame, so I don't have to worry about the vibrations that are kinda notorious for killing those senders. VDO sells a sender that has a post for the gauge and then an on-off 7 psi post for the idiot light, so I can keep the factory functionality.

Project M42 Turbo

Comment

I can haz pink wheels???

But seriously the only e30 that could pull off those wheels. Good thing mines exactlt like it. xP

Comment

Originally posted by gearheadE30 View Post
                I wasn't having a huge problem with traction as long as I was going straight when I had my summer tires on the car and teh 4.10, but first gear was really too short to even do anything. I would shortshift into second around 5k rpm if I was accelerating hard. I'm hoping 3.73 will be long enough to let boost build but not so long that I'll have to work around the (now much larger) powerband.

So I take it you still have the stock ECU in the car? I would just take your time, just so you don't risk it...

As far as my oil feed line goes, I ran an oil line from the factory oil pressure switch to a t-fitting, and the turbo feed and the pressure sender are run from there. The fitting i mounted to the frame, so I don't have to worry about the vibrations that are kinda notorious for killing those senders. VDO sells a sender that has a post for the gauge and then an on-off 7 psi post for the idiot light, so I can keep the factory functionality.
                yup stock ecu for now. im gonna keep it low low boost. like 5 psi max till i get it on a standalone.

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
                I can haz pink wheels???

But seriously the only e30 that could pull off those wheels. Good thing mines exactlt like it. xP
                you can hazz!!! im gonna do a set of pure white gloss e38 fives as well. hopefully they will look just as good haha

I like the tuna here.

Comment

^^^ Aww!! Fuckin awesome!!

Comment

Awesome build on the engine mate. I'm going to go with a fresh Head Gasket and some Big head bolts first up. I'm aiming to get over 150kW and keep it nice and responsive. We shall see. With my car weighing maybe a fraction under 1000kg's not like I need massive power :)

Was planning a balanced and forged build, but the coin is a lil out of reach currently and not really necessary for the power I'm talking I recon.

In for more progress on this thing!
                    - Chris
                    Project M42 - 255 @ 19 psi

Comment

I like everything about it. Turbo m42 is very cool!
                      S50'd

Originally posted by TDE30
                      What is this faggy shit I have happened upon?
                      Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      I can always live in a M3. Can't M3 a house.

Comment

"I like everything about it. Turbo m42 is very cool!"

Comment

Originally posted by gsxrcop View Post

"I like everything about it. Turbo m42 is very cool!"

Whats your current set up on your car?

I like the tuna here.

Comment

That shit sounds wickeeeed! Nice work mang ;)

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

Car is looking great! Awesome job on the turbo build! Hopefully Ill get to see it at the next friday meet! You gonna be going? I haven't been in a while lol

1991 LS1 Swapped 318is
                              Instagram:
                              https://instagram.com/saltybeast/
                              LS Build Thread:
                              https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/for...s-e30-ls1-swap

Comment

Originally posted by ian e30 318is View Post
                                Car is looking great! Awesome job on the turbo build! Hopefully Ill get to see it at the next friday meet! You gonna be going? I haven't been in a while lol
                                You know it!!! i missed last meet due to problems but im down to cruise. What day is it again? is it this friday?

I like the tuna here.

Comment

Working...
                                X