Clear All

I would trade it in a heartbeat! :shock:

Comment

You're an alpine fan I like my calypso :o
      I go wuaaaaaahh pssssshhhhh!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by armeN
        You're an alpine fan I like my calypso :o
        By far the best E30 color IMO. And this is by far the cleanest. Get yourself some sport seats and some suspension, it'll be like driving a new car.

IS lip, my vote. Rieger is too much IMO - and causes road hazards when they fall off - Right Dan? :)

Beautiful car. One more reason to paint my car calypso this fall.

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik

IS lip, my vote. Rieger is too much IMO - and causes road hazards when they fall off - Right Dan? :)
          dan obviously did something wrong.. I have the exact same spoiler and mine hasn't gone anywhere. Jordan's car is slammed and he's never broken his either.
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Aaron Silva's cabrio is the cleanest calypso I have seen.

Nando, Jordan's lip has been broken 2 or 3 times already. His is authentic. Your's is a lot higher than the normal Rieger lip as well.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

jordans lip was broken 2 or 3 times before he had it, but not since then AFAIK. and yes my car does sit higher, but the danger of smashing it on something is still high. I'm just careful (and I made sure the mounting area was strong). I don't think a real reiger lip is much different in shape either (aside from mine being a little short on one side, anyway).
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Pretty sure Jordan broke the lip himself, I remember him using a plastic welder to fix it and having to repaint it.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I dunno, maybe he did. I still wouldn't put anything else on my car :P
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                    dan obviously did something wrong.. I have the exact same spoiler and mine hasn't gone anywhere. Jordan's car is slammed and he's never broken his either.
                    Dan does lots of things wrong :)

Originally posted by Digitalwave

Nando, Jordan's lip has been broken 2 or 3 times already. His is authentic. Your's is a lot higher than the normal Rieger lip as well.
                    I forgot about Aaron's car - I tend to segregate cabs and coupes. A nasty habit of mine :) KillerCalypso's car is up there too, and that one pic (my desktop) of some dad's calypso coupe.

Comment

is your desktop the one of the moving calypso coupe? I took that pic :P

and yeah, calypso is one of my fave E30 colors.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando
                        is your desktop the one of the moving calypso coupe? I took that pic :P

and yeah, calypso is one of my fave E30 colors.
                        Good photo skills, my friend. That would be the shot ;)

It's *close* to burgundrot, so I may get away with a cheaper paint job...who knows. Guess we'll see.

Comment

Originally posted by Beemerfanatik
                          ...I tend to segregate cabs and coupes. A nasty habit of mine :) ..
                          That makes the both of us. Don't know how I picked it up though.

Comment

I'm kind of concerned about breaking a reiger lip too. I'm not going to slam slam the car but it will be dropped and I take a freeway that has some mean road problems which I think would break the lip. I dunno :( i like the aggressive look of the reiger but I don't wanna have to deal with it breaking evertime I get on the 5 North.

P.S. For those of you in my area I'm talking about the 5 North between the western and olive exit. They need to even out the road those bumps are danger to any lowered car.
                            I go wuaaaaaahh pssssshhhhh!!!!

Comment

I love Calypso... almost as much as Diamantschwarz. I want your car, just so you know.
                              The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                                :oops:

Thank you.

Looks like you have a good base to work on.

Aaron
                                2008 Audi S4 Avant

Comment

Working...
                                X