• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work, sir!
    From The Land Of Sky Blue Waters.

Originally posted by lambo
    Fuck studying. Party hard.

Comment

so awesome. your work on the front lip gives me hope for mine. was yours cracked at all? mins has two small cracks that i want to fix prior to paint. i wasnt sure what paint to use also for mine, but now i know! good work, keep it up
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Where did you get the blue car from?
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
          Thanks. The swap was pretty straightforward. There is plenty of information out there.
          Having a parts car in the driveway was a big plus. The donor car had a 173,000 on the clock but the transmission felt tight and the fluid was clean so I am optimistic.
          After I put it back on the ground I took a test drive around the block which ended up being about 50 miles. The car drove and shifted perfectly, the transmission is smooth and quiet. Now I have to learn how to drive it, I only killed it once and missed two shifts.
          Wait I must have misunderstood this...you can do a whole transmission swap, but you can't drive stick??
          The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
          Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
          2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

one way to learn

Originally posted by vlad
            Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Lip Repair

Mine was torn off the car when I got it. I don't think the previous owners missed any curbs if they could help it. The guy I bought it from said he put over a parking curb and then backed up and finally had to get out of the car and finish it off hand.
              Both corners were torn at the lower edge and looked like it was working its way up. I repaired it by first sanding it on the inside with coarse paper to rough it up then clamped a piece of 1/8" aluminum stock ( also roughed up ) over the crack and drilled some 1/8" holes for rivets and a few more holes for the JB weld to attach to. I then removed the clamps and metal and applied a liberal amount of JB weld to the area and then attached the metal bracing with pop rivets. It seems to holding up and it stiffened the whole lip considerably.

Originally posted by 2man View Post
              so awesome. your work on the front lip gives me hope for mine. was yours cracked at all? mins has two small cracks that i want to fix prior to paint. i wasnt sure what paint to use also for mine, but now i know! good work, keep it up

Comment

I can drive a stick, I just can't drive like this....yet.

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
                Wait I must have misunderstood this...you can do a whole transmission swap, but you can't drive stick??

Comment

just saw this. Great thread I need to a 5speed swap as well.

Comment

Sad you killed the blue car, it looked saveable :( Im gonna PM you bout some parts.

But your doin a fine ass job! I was the same way, i did a 5 speed swap and learned how to drive stick on it.
                    1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
                    1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
                    1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
                    1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

Originally posted by Farwest92 View Post
                      I can drive a stick, I just can't drive like this....yet.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M81ZY...eature=related
                      ..........What? He crashes the car.

Comment

Just realized you live about a block away from my GF. She drives by your place in her cosmos blue eta almost every day.
                        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Very nice work. I'm glad you took off the Mazda lip! Looks better without it, IMO.

Car looks awesome. You should come down to one of our meets sometime!
                          '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Working...
                          X