nothing special, just my zinno 86 ES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nothing special, just my zinno 86 ES

Hey all, Ive been somewhat of a lurker here, but now Im officially a member of you crazy bastids.
    Let me start by saying Im a to e30s, but not to wrenching. This is my second bmw, just sold my E34 M5 and "downgraded" to this car. Ive always wanted a 325es, but could never find one clean enough for me. I didnt want a mint one, but didnt want a POS either. Anyways, this one was the right price and only needed a steering rack so before even signing the title over to me, the PO and I tackled that and got it out of the way. Car has some interesting mods, most of which will be removed, some will stay. Ill stop here and post some pics, then I will reveal my somewhat simple plans.

ahhh, new parts!

p1010001 by 2mAn

Cindy had been sitting for a while so I gave her a bath before snapping any pics. She also had some ricer wheels on and I told the PO i would prefer the bottlecaps, so thats what I will be rocking for now. She may get some new shoes really soon. We'll see.... Im not a wheelwhore so dont expect BBS' or anything thats worth more than the car. Not my style....

p1010011 by 2mAn

p1010005 by 2mAn

p1010008 by 2mAn

p1010002 by 2mAn

First off, I was disappointed that the ES spoiler was gone, but I may have one soon. I need to get something on there. Her face is beat right now, so I will be hitting up the local junkyards to find all the trim pieces that need to be replaced and I will probably get some kind of spoiler on there until I get my hands on the proper front spoiler. I HATE the depo lights, but they do have real HIDs so thats a positive. Expect a factory projector beam of some sort, hopefully smileys if I can find a good deal. Thats pretty much it for now. Going to shadowline the car. Motor wise, a chip and exhaust will be good until I get all the 325i parts I will need. Im not in a hurry, as I have a few other projects that need to get done first. This is my driver, just gotta make it a little better than it is now and I will be good. Im already enjoying the sh!t out of this car.

So thats it for now...

-Simon
    Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2017, 10:45 PM. Reason: fucking photobucket
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

My car is a Cindy as well.
    Welcome, it looks like your off to a great start. GL

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

Current E30's name is a WIP. Btw nice snatch!
      Originally posted by devon.818
      low key i actually paid attention to the drifting...then saw bouncing tits and went :o
      Originally posted by devon.818
      as for a 4hr boner...idk, start using it for things; cup holder, dial the phone, type with it, fix things, diagnose the e30, probe random shit...
      Originally posted by Mercury[BKM]
      ...because Machine Gun

Comment

thanks guys, today was a great day. went and hung out with some r3v folks and walked away with all the trim for the front bumper along with a spoiler thats in pretty good condition. oh yea, also traded my bottlecaps for some basketweaves. tires suck, but that should be remedied very soon. thanks Alex (e30Rooster) !

hanging out at Paolos place

p1010001-1 by 2mAn

heres how she looked at the end of the day2. (2nd day, 3rd different set of wheels on it! maybe I am a wheelwhore... mmm i dont think so)

day2driverfront by 2mAn
        Last edited by 2mAn; 07-11-2017, 11:14 PM. Reason: fucking photobucket
        Simon
        Current Cars:

Comment

damn, i need some better pics. im sure it will happen soon enough. i bought a no name chip off of ebay and spent more money for the dyno time then the chip. we'll see if it was money well spent. other than that, this thing is getting a bunch of maintenance work done next weekend, then the dyno is the weekend after.

the work will hopefully include all of the following:
          -timing belt
          -all the v-belts
          -water pump
          -thermostat
          -coolant hoses
          -valve cover gasket
          -cam seal

anything else i should do while im in there?
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Yo, man!

Good to see you are getting more done.

Where are you doing the timing belt at? I might come and point/grunt so you get through it quickly and not make any mistakes, I had a good time helping last saturday.

BTW: do NOT forget an oring for the cam seal carrier and do all 4 "half moons" too.

Order a new antenna gromett, too.

Was nice meeting you.

Luke

Closing SOON!
            "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

yooooo dude!!

where are you getting your tbelt kit and waterpump from? I would recommend blunttech!

I would also check the cap and rotor to see its condition, since your gonna need to be taking all that shit out anyway ;)

pm me if you need help with the maintenance work!
              -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
              91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
              08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
              04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
              Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
              Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

hey guys, the plan is to have the parts by next saturday and spend the whole day getting it done. found a kit from FCP grouton on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...ht_3819wt_1010) and as long as they can make sure i get it in time and with Contitech belts and a Graf pump, its a go.

do you local guys have the 32mm wrench to get the fan off? who wants to come and BS. i have a nice lil "lounge" you can hang out in
                Simon
                Current Cars:

Comment

well ive had some ups and downs this last few days. chip was supposed to be here saturday, its tuesday and i still dont have it. i also found some sweet headers, but dude sold them out from under me... now im just hoping to swoop on this bosal 325i exhaust. i know it wont really add much, but im hoping to let this thing breath better... time will tell what i actually end up with.
                  Simon
                  Current Cars:

Comment

has potential. just keep at it
                    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                    Got Drop?? ;-)
                    Originally posted by JinormusJ
                    But of course
                    E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Originally posted by 2man View Post
                      well ive had some ups and downs this last few days. chip was supposed to be here saturday, its tuesday and i still dont have it. i also found some sweet headers, but dude sold them out from under me... now im just hoping to swoop on this bosal 325i exhaust. i know it wont really add much, but im hoping to let this thing breath better... time will tell what i actually end up with.
                      it wasnt ment to be homie (on the headers). Its a cool thought, but thinking more about it, its not really worth it. I say get the exhaust, delete that cat, and enjoy the torque you will receive once that chip gets here. the ETA is a fun little motor (you already know obviously lol)

and get that valance painted mang! itll turn up your exterior by like 100+ points ;P
                      -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
                      91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
                      08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
                      04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
                      Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
                      Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

been going through the rolling shots thread and saw this beaut! it really makes me want to keep the metal bumps and avoid any type of body kit. i had been looking at some iX kits, but this tells me to keep it clean and simple. ill be getting new brackets for the front lip and when it comes off again it will get some paint, not sure if im going to go with red or black yet. also been looking at some new wheels too, wont reveal what they are yet, because i dont even know what ill end up with.

Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Got the timing belt & water pump done last night. I will have to tear back into it soon to replace the radiator hoses and the ignition stuff (cap, rotor, plugs & wires) since i didnt have those parts yet. I also couldnt change the 3 seals (cam, int shaft & crank). I wanted to but I didnt have the tool to remove the sprockets. So those just have to wait. Good news is that after several attempts, the belt lined up perfect and the car fired up right away. Still have to install the chip and the valvecover gasket before I drive down to Portland next weekend to dyno this bitch.

Few side notes.
                          - Saw the original service stickers for the timing belt changes, first was in 92 @ 51k, second was in 98 @ 105k, next was 02 @ 153k. That was it, I just hit 211k! 9 years and 58k miles and the belt actually looked good, the v-belts didnt look good though, glad i had those.
                          - The header I thought was sold actually wasnt, so I ordered it! Should be picking up a bosal muffler from a 325iS and will be making an x-pipe where the cat normally would be. Should be a good setup to last me a while until I decide if I want to build a 327i or something else.
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:

Comment

HPF had a dyno day today and I was hoping to dyno with the chip, but i got a crap chip. so i dyno'd the car bone stock. 211k m20b27

some pics of my car from the day, theres more out there.

zinno pack!

waiting for my turn on the dyno

and the dyno
                            Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

mighty90 by 2mAn

theres only one way to go from here. waiting for header, new wheels next weekend and trying to get my hands on a chip that works.
                            Last edited by 2mAn; 07-10-2017, 11:37 PM. Reason: fuck photobucket
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

Nice 325es, I like the i front valance

Comment

Working...
                              X