M-Tech Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by midnight_marauder View Post
    Can any MT2 experts answer this question for me? What badging was on the original MT2 fitted e30s from the factory in Europe? Was it an M badge on the front grille and an M badge followed by the model on the back trunk? I’m aware there was a different “mtech” badge on the US cabs from factory, but I’d like to have (close to) an exact clone of a euro spec MT2 coupe from factory. Someone asked this earlier in this thread but it wasn’t answered. Thanks!
    From the research I've done in the past, yes. They are called Motorsport cabriolet's or 325i Sport instead of M techs and as such they came with the M badging in the grill and on the trunklid. Some say it depends on which country the car is from though so I don't think there is a definitive right or wrong. BMW themselves have put M badging on non M models ie M535i, M635, etc. and those are considered true M cars even though they didn't have M engines.
    "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
    88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
    89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
    91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Here’s two different styles, both are replicas. From what I know the one on the left is for early model and the one on the right is for late.....who knows

Comment

Originally posted by roznic View Post
        Here’s two different styles, both are replicas. From what I know the one on the left is for early model and the one on the right is for late.....who knows
        These were only for US full M technic models. The one on the left is a replica of the E30 badge. The ones on the right are E36 door badges.
        "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
        88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
        89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
        91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post

These were only for US full M technic models. The one on the left is a replica of the E30 badge. The ones on the right are E36 door badges.
          This, I have the ones on the left for my E30 (not putting them on until I paint the Tech 2 stuff).
          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Originally posted by reelizmpro View Post
            The side badge on my e36 m3 just had: ///m3

Comment

Originally posted by midnight_marauder
              Can any MT2 experts answer this question for me? What badging was on the original MT2 fitted e30s from the factory in Europe? Was it an M badge on the front grille and an M badge followed by the model on the back trunk? I’m aware there was a different “mtech” badge on the US cabs from factory, but I’d like to have (close to) an exact clone of a euro spec MT2 coupe from factory. Someone asked this earlier in this thread but it wasn’t answered. Thanks!
              I can't comment much on the MTech2's, but I know that the MTech1's had M badging on the front grilles as well as the trunk lid. Some I've seen on the opposite side of the model badging, others I've seen preceding the model badging. I've seen several of them in Germany and they all had this:

This particular car I saw in Munich. Hard to see it here from the angle, but there's a small ///M badge on the driver side grille:

If they did it on the MTech1's, I'd imagine they also did so for the MTech2's
              '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Thanks for the help on the M badging on MT2s everyone!

Managed to get my hands on the exact car that made me want a brilliantrot mtech2 coupe on black leather and euroweaves so badly. Picked this up a little over a month back. Plan to keep it OEM+. Lots of little things I have planned for it, for now I'm knocking off all maintenance items as it has some hesitation issues off of idle and a whining bearing in the diff. Got a perfectly working 3.73 LSD ready to throw in, ordering new sparkplugs/wires/rotor/cap, new O2 sensor. Hopefully that all gets it in top working order. Pics from PO (maybe you recognize it from BaT a while back?):

Click image for larger version  Name:	mtech 2.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	71.5 KB ID:	9896648Click image for larger version  Name:	rear.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	96.1 KB ID:	9896650Click image for larger version  Name:	front.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.4 KB ID:	9896649Click image for larger version  Name:	interior.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	89.0 KB ID:	9896651
                📸 @joyfilledpursuit
                📖 John 3:16-18

Comment

looks clean, nice find!

Comment

Working...
                  X