This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ColdAccord
    looks good! i think the lip would look better a matte or flat black though. wash it, get the wheels on there, and slam it, and it will be beautiful. shadowline would probably do wonders, too
    Lip is staying as is. If it gets painted, it will get painted silver. In person, the Gloss black looks a lot better than a flat black one would. Doubt I'll shadowline it.

The whole car is DIRTY and will get a wash this week. And the caps likely will come off then.

But honestly, appearance is not my concern. Getting the suspension sorted, brakes replaced and ensuring the mechanicals work well is all that matters.
    Current Cars
    2014 M235i
    2009 R56 Cooper S
    1998 M3
    1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
      Take out old then install new interior, donate bumpers/valence, timing belt & water pump replacement... hmmm anything else? Did my old wheels/snow tires end up on there, too?
      snow tires????
      Current Cars
      2014 M235i
      2009 R56 Cooper S
      1998 M3
      1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by Skafrog
        sweet dave, looks awesome. Should be an exciting project. Let me know if you need another set of hands, and a place to put 12 packs of beer.
        Cool - thanks. Will might come down for it. Maybe we can plan a weekend and get a ton done. I have C-Arms, CABs, Tie rods, a "new" rear subframe with IE bushings in it, TA bushings to be installed, spare trailing arms which I may go ahead and mount the subframe. Just need to get my shocks, springs, RSMs and maybe camber plates. And sway bar links - I forgot those. Brakes gotta go on now - the current ones are getting grindy.
        Current Cars
        2014 M235i
        2009 R56 Cooper S
        1998 M3
        1997 M3

Comment

Suggestion for Scott, next time you tow a car on a trailor if you back the car onto it it will reduce your tongue weight. It makes it easier to haul.

Comment

I'm trying to copy the style of your "before" pic.

Comment

Originally posted by SchnellerVert
              Suggestion for Scott, next time you tow a car on a trailor if you back the car onto it it will reduce your tongue weight. It makes it easier to haul.
              You know, I never thought of that. The car we brought out I had to put forward - the hood wouldn't latch so forward was required - but I didn't think to back the vert on. Good point, thanks for that :)

Jarvis was absolutely a huge part in getting all this done - along with Mark (wastedincome) I couldn't have done it. And no, I never got the wheels off your car Jarvis - just the door, bumpers, and valance ;)

Comment

i think you came out on the winning end of that deal....

Originally posted by vlad
                Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerfanatik
                  You know, I never thought of that. The car we brought out I had to put forward - the hood wouldn't latch so forward was required - but I didn't think to back the vert on. Good point, thanks for that :)

Jarvis was absolutely a huge part in getting all this done - along with Mark (wastedincome) I couldn't have done it. And no, I never got the wheels off your car Jarvis - just the door, bumpers, and valance ;)
                  thats a great point about the trailor. I wouldn't have even thought of that. I bet that cars gonna be awsome when you are done.
                  ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

i like 4 doors.

Comment

Originally posted by Il Duce
                      i like 4 doors.
                      and a solid roof is a good thing at times. I really didn't want to part with the 'vert., but I needed another car like I needed an extra hole in my head. My wife is talking about getting a car to go along with our van, and I have 2, so me keeping the daily car, the vert and a track/project car would put us a 5 cars for two drivers - And would have the neighbors shitting bricks.

Scott has some good plans to finish up what I started with the cabby. I have some purposeful intent with the 4-door.

The good news is, I talked Scott out of doing only $50 mods to it. ;-)
                      Current Cars
                      2014 M235i
                      2009 R56 Cooper S
                      1998 M3
                      1997 M3

Comment

keep this thread updated :)

-Dan
                        never enough money...

'95 240sx base - RB25DET in progress
                        '87 325ic - Project daily

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                          But honestly, appearance is not my concern. Getting the suspension sorted, brakes replaced and ensuring the mechanicals work well is all that matters.
                          :stupid:

E36 Window Switches and Shadowline and Body Color Lip, Or Ban.

Comment

Looks good! Glad you guys are happy. How was the get together? Did you guys have fun?

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385

And a Ryan G splitter . . . .
                              Current Cars
                              2014 M235i
                              2009 R56 Cooper S
                              1998 M3
                              1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by rwh11385

You are agreeing about doing mechanical mods, and then you tell him to to appearance mods or ban? :dot: :p

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X