17 Year Old Enthusiast w/ an E30! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StandLow_Ralphy View Post
    Well for those that know a bit about e30's and cars, know that "slammed" obviously didn't good for grip. But for an e30, and those that know how high they are, a +/- 2inch drop is "damn thats low" with the right wheel/tire setup. That's what I was getting at with that statement.
    sure good luck
    Last edited by squidmaster; 10-17-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by StandLow_Ralphy View Post
      My names Ralphy and I just turned 17 a few weeks ago
      I call BS. No way you are 17. You can spell and you use punctuation correctly :p

Welcome to the board. I'd love to have a Calypso 4-door. I wish my s50 car was a 4-door.

"Modern cars may be able to outgun it, but few can match its character, its motorsport spirit, and the way it plasters a huge grin on your face at any speed." - Patrick George

1988 M3 - Track Rat
      1989 325iC M50 Vert
      1989 325i Coupe
      1991 318is
      1995 318ti Club Sport
      2006 330i e90
      2008 Tundra Crewmax

Comment

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
        I don't think you're going to be running that suspension setup. You're getting into a mildly sporty low budget car, not a dtm or nurburgring time attack car. I think barely clearing speed bumps or not being able to at all is "damn low" or whatever.

I dont think he's going to be running that suspension setup either. But you said a car that is "damn thats low" low would not be functional in terms of handling. while ride height is completely subjective, that is not necessarily true.

07 Designio E63 AMG / 1984 318i (M20Swapped)

Comment

Originally posted by be34st View Post
          I dont think he's going to be running that suspension setup either. But you said a car that is "damn thats low" low would not be functional in terms of handling. while ride height is completely subjective, that is not necessarily true.
          On a regular, non-DTM E30, damn that's low is not the most functional set-up.

Comment

Welcome, love the color and looks like a clean example to start with.
            sigpic
            New website releasing soon www.gutenparts.com Guten Parts + Service | Facebook | Twitter

Levent
            %20levent@gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
              On a regular, non-DTM E30, damn that's low is not the most functional set-up.
              +1

Something every E30 owner should read:

E30 Semi-Trailing Arm Geometry

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Welcome, jealous of your calypso, my paint is faaaacked and if you want your car "damn low" get a good skid plate best investment you can make for a new England car, wish I had...

Comment

That is very close to being identical to my first E30, seeing yours makes me wish I could have it back.

My Project Thread: 86 Cosmosblau ETA Sedan
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273246

Live in WV? Like my page for German auto fans https://www.facebook.com/pages/Germa...98369703569925

Comment

Originally posted by brodee View Post
                    I call BS. No way you are 17. You can spell and you use punctuation correctly :p

Welcome to the board. I'd love to have a Calypso 4-door. I wish my s50 car was a 4-door.
                    Lol, I just hate making myself look uneducated so I type proper. & Thanks, I love my baby!

Update: Bought a getrag so no more auto for me!

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                      Ahhh... you bought this off the kid who bought the E36 after he broke the pan and never changed it? He seemed like a cool guy. Was kinda sad to here he gave up in the e30.

Keeping it auto for now?

i know i sold him a 5 speed conversion ;)
                      sigpicFellow e30 enthusiast
                      Dont waste your time hating, aint nobody got time fo dat
                      1986 bronzit 325es- SOLD
                      1987 delphin 325i- parts car
                      1990 scwarz 325is- m50 drift slut
                      CHECK OUT THE BUILD!
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=229234

Comment

Welcome. Clean calypso. You seem like not a retard. Keep it that way.

Comment

God I need that color in my life. Welcome to R3V.
                          91 318is M50 swapped
                          05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                          http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

Working...
                          X