New member coming from the Dub world

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • P Arkus
    replied
    Thanks! Been following your thread (along with many others) for quite some time now. So much inspiration going on in these forums!

    Leave a comment:


  • Zacm829
    replied
    Awesome, great choice of the motor for the swap.

    Leave a comment:


  • P Arkus
    replied
    So I guess its time for my quarterly update lol. Unfortunately I'm terrible at keeping up with updating build threads. Been slowly working away at disassembling the v8 in my garage in order to clean it up and seal it with all new gaskets. Got most of it taken apart, just need to get a solid understanding of the timing of it before I remove the heads. Gonna be deleting the AC while I'm at it as well since I never really use AC in my cars, just open the windows and enjoy the breeze.

    A few pics of its stages of nakedness



    Went down to the border this weekend to pick up a few parts for the swap. Thanks to the guys over at Garagistic, they basically make this swap a bolt in procedure by eliminating all the custom fab work that needs to be done. Highly doubt I would be taking on this swap if it wasn't for them!


    So I now have all the pre-fabbed items for the swap. Much excite. I'm still debating with myself whether I want to assemble this engine as is and swap it in or build the M60B44 hybrid and do it all the first time around. Also still on the hunt for a 6 speed transmission for this beast.

    So that will help me come summertime when I have the engine put back together and ready to put into the car. Until then, other priorities need to be taken care of. The suspension in the E30 is reaching the end of its life, so it was time for some comfort and some lows. Picked up a set of ground control coilovers that I will be installing shortly. Just need to pick up a bunch of bushings and replace them all at the same time. These coilovers look great and I know first hand that the ride quality on them is amazing. Cant wait for them to be in.


    So with that, there will be a lot of work to do this spring with both the car and the engine. I know once the weather warms up i'll have much more motivation to spend my time in the garage. Also a little Xmas gift from the wife, which is another huge motivator to get this car finished in show quality style.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozi
    replied
    I have IX arches to fit but I'm still stuck with the existing metal arches. The lip on the inside of mine has been flattened back and the bump/hump also. I have a 205/50 here that I must get fitted to my 9" wheels and see how I like it.

    Leave a comment:


  • P Arkus
    replied
    Not sure if I have any good pics, but even so its a 205/50 on a 16x9. Its quite stretched even though its a tall tire. If you don't like stretch or undersized tires, you're not gonna pull a 16x9 ET5 unless you have fender flares. Even my setup rubs once in a while in the back and I'm not 100% happy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jozi
    replied
    Any pics of the rear stretch? I'm trying to work out how wide I can go with my wheels, aiming for 16x9 et5, just not a fan of stretching or undersized tires, yours might looks ok though with the 205.

    Leave a comment:


  • jhaurimn
    replied
    You really don't know what you have there...it looked like it was in showroom condition when you got it.

    Leave a comment:


  • P Arkus
    replied
    Thank you. Here's a quick roller from last night. Really need to get this thing onto some GC coilovers soon!

    Leave a comment:


  • sapurvis
    replied
    Gorgeous E30!! From a fellow V-DUB owner as well, welcome!

    Leave a comment:


  • Peterkaczynski
    replied
    Nice shaved bay and tucked everything and man oh man

    Leave a comment:


  • P Arkus
    replied
    Why keep it stock? I'm a car enthusiast, not an investment enthusiast. I bought the car because it was a clean example of an E30 with the body kit that I like and no rust on the body. For all these reasons, I paid a premium. I'm not looking to make my money back. Not now, not in 10 years. I'm looking to drive the car and enjoy it to its full potential.

    If I was looking for an investment, I would agree with everyone who said to keep it stock, because I believe that is the best way to retain its value and possibly even let it appreciate. However with no plans on selling this car, I might as well do what it takes to make me love it more and more.

    Plus to go along with what Vivek said, doing an engine swap isnt exactly "chopping it up". I'm not planning a hack job build thats going to make it look like crap. Dont worry guys, after the swap, this will still be a very clean example of an E30 ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    That car is not an engine swap candidate IMO. Keep it stock.

    Leave a comment:


  • P Arkus
    replied
    Thanks guys. M42 Sport, sorry the weaves are already sold

    Leave a comment:


  • Peterkaczynski
    replied
    Droool, immaculate car you have here everything is on point

    Leave a comment:


  • ///M42 sport
    replied
    are you selling your euroweaves?

    Leave a comment:

Working...