My 1985 325e [Picture Heavy]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wardie
    replied
    Picture time! Ran into Rick Steves down in Edmonds. Hes a European traveling guru and is on PBS.

    PROPS TO CLAUSE30 FOR PHOTOS











    Last edited by Wardie; 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    I will get better ones when everythings done. Friggen excited man.

    Leave a comment:


  • ClausE30
    replied
    your pictures dont do it justice.. or show the right shade of red

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by shameson
    The early tails look sweet with late bumpers. Nice job with the car so far!
    Thanks bud!

    Well todays been productive! Redyed my steering wheel and finished up the coats on the back seat. Got ADD got dye and dyed my floor mats red. They are alittle darker than I would like. Then again, no one will notice anyway. Decided to make my carpet black, rather than red. Going to rip out the drivers seat + door cards next weekend and dye those and rip out the carpet and get that all cleaned and dyed.

    Pictures from today:





    Leave a comment:


  • shameson
    replied
    The early tails look sweet with late bumpers. Nice job with the car so far!

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Just a small update, just ordered a short shifter. Hog rings should be coming soon, got one seat done. Just prepped the rear / door cards this is the current status of my room.



    This is the true color of the dye before buffing

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    So it started to rain, if its nice tomorrow I will get some pictures.

    EDIT: We tried but it started to down pour and pictures didn't turn out.
    Last edited by Wardie; 03-20-2013, 08:31 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by e30construction
    w.e happen to the better pics coming?
    Ha, sorry been distracted need to give her a bath. I will do it today! Clause30 has the good camera though, you will have to hold on for the fancy photos.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30construction
    replied
    w.e happen to the better pics coming?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by Court M3
    What dye did you use? Those look like they are coming along nicely
    Thanks, I am using Leatherique, Ive heard good and bad things about it. Its a learning experience for sure. I practiced on a crap bolster just to get a feel for it and you need to prep like no other or it basically sits on top and is latex. Should be interesting how this turns out.

    Leave a comment:


  • Court M3
    replied
    What dye did you use? Those look like they are coming along nicely

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Its been a awhile, just been waiting on goodies to arrive and have some time to work on this. This has been my night, prepping one seat right now. Got impatient and did a light coat on one of the bolsters to test the color. It looks a lot brighter in the photos. Its a bit brighter than Cardinal, way darker in person. I will grab better pictures when I get the full seat done.





    Leave a comment:


  • litu
    replied
    I dont ever seen pre-lift model with facelift parts, looks cool :)

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by BamaE30
    If you are four to six months out on the seats i'm getting set up and can help for a great price.
    Thanks I will keep it in mind, I just bought a bunch of leather dye and was going to try my hand at that first. Do keep in contact with me though, although shipping my seats out so far is going to cost a good penny!

    Leave a comment:


  • Norwegian
    replied
    Sweet!!

    Leave a comment:

Working...