My 1985 325e [Picture Heavy]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by DER E30
    How are your grounds? Bad grounds will F everything and its always a ground for some reason...
    Well I was messing with the c104 plug maybe I plugged it into the wrong one? Then had a weird power surge, relays started clicking. I disconnected the battery and took volt meter to it and started pulling fuses and it was 21. Couldn't fix it with replacing the fuse.

    Now my question is what could be the problem? Where would I start looking? What would I look for?

    Leave a comment:


  • DER E30
    replied
    Originally posted by Wardie
    No haha. But seriously what's up with my megasquirt. When I click then key on without it plugged in to a PC it seems fine. When I plug it in to my PC I can detect it for about 5 seconds then I hear the fuel pump restart up a few times and is no longer detected by the computer.
    How are your grounds? Bad grounds will F everything and its always a ground for some reason...

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Originally posted by CubbyChowder
    late model plastic bumpers and rear apron retrofitted onto an early model is the most aesthetically pleasing combo. It creates the perfect e30 body style in my opinion. Looking good man.

    Thanks, seems that the date this is gonna get running just got farther away. Something shorted out on fuse 21. Seem to have took the fuel pump relay with it.

    Leave a comment:


  • CubbyChowder
    replied
    late model plastic bumpers and rear apron retrofitted onto an early model is the most aesthetically pleasing combo. It creates the perfect e30 body style in my opinion. Looking good man.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    No haha. But seriously what's up with my megasquirt. When I click then key on without it plugged in to a PC it seems fine. When I plug it in to my PC I can detect it for about 5 seconds then I hear the fuel pump restart up a few times and is no longer detected by the computer.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    isnt that what I sent to you?

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    This is for my own personal sanity if something goes crazy with my C101:

    Early:
    1: 2x Blue
    2: G/Y
    3: X
    4:P/Br
    5:Gre/BR
    6:Gre/Whi
    7:Green
    8:Whi/Black
    9:Black
    10:Blue
    11:Green/White
    12:Gray
    13:
    14:Green/Purp
    15:Black/Green
    16:Black/White
    17:X
    18:Black/Yellow
    19:X
    20:Red/Yellow

    Square|Circle
    --------
    1:1
    2:2
    4:4
    16:5
    6:6
    10:7
    15:10
    17:11
    7:13
    -:16 (No Airbag)
    8:18

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    If anyone knows or can point me in the direction of 07/1985 325e C101 Square pin out that would be fabulous. I cant find any that match mine.

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Waiting on Paolo with parts. I got the alternator in and guessed on the starter and replaced fuel lines

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    bump

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Thanks guys, I've made some real progress tonight replacing fuel lines and jumped up on the starter. Here's a picture of what I've done, not sure if its right or wrong but I will find out.

    Connected large red and black wires to the main pole
    Cut the spade connection off the black/green and put a female spade on the lower spade on the starter
    However if any one has any idea what the thinner black wire does that would be greatly helpful. I hear you attach it to the top spade?
    (Second image shows small black wire, comes off the thicker red wire.)



    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Looking good, I really love the smaller tails with the plastics.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied
    waffles, I wish I was close. We could get most of the wiring knocked out in a night

    Leave a comment:


  • Wardie
    replied
    Yea I've seen that.

    Leave a comment:


  • 2mAn
    replied


    :rofl:

    please tell me you've read this....

    Leave a comment:

Working...