PJH's 1990 BMW E30 318is [PIC HEAVY]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • mike.bmw
    replied
    I really love those engine photos. They are fantastic. The Nurburgring photos are also great. I did a day there in 2007. I rented a track prepped E46 ti. Such a great experience.

    Do you happen to know or remember the part # for the ground cable that goes from the right engine mount to the frame rail? Seen here below the exhaust:

    Leave a comment:


  • Rome_Dome
    replied
    Im a fan of your work !!! Awsome

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    And then there was the Nurburgring:











































































    Leave a comment:


  • mike.bmw
    replied
    I just looked at the photos of your engine refresh/rebuild. Stunning. Great work!

    Leave a comment:


  • D.Martijn
    replied
    Hello there, fellow Belgian!

    Car looks awesome! Great work on the engine too, gotta love all the pictures!

    Leave a comment:


  • econti
    replied
    Those pictures are now my computer background. Very nice.

    Good to see it used as it should be too

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied



    Some more of the noise. This is pure inlet noise, with a microphone inserted in the inlet, right infront of the air filter.

    For the people really paying attention to the noise, you can notice two things:
    - Grinding noise off throttle: this is the sound of the chain and the valvetrain. In real life you don't really hear this, but the microphone is sensitive and adjusts the volume automatically. Normally I wouldn't want this, but the gopro does it on its own. (So loud noise, less amplification, little noise, more amplification)

    - You can hear squeeking sounds. They are best audible when I open the throttle, or when I am giving it a minimal amount of throttle (like at 1.26-1.27). This is ofcourse not a blow off valve or anything, it's just the sound of the airflow when the inletvalve is barely open.

    Leave a comment:


  • mila325
    replied
    Originally posted by PJH
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZTSP0-n8oQ

    It sounds as if it wants ITB's and a higher revlimit :D
    Sounds like it already has ITB's :P

    Lovely car my friend, a 318is is special. I want to get one someday, my 325is is nice but something so special about a 318is..

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied


    It sounds as if it wants ITB's and a higher revlimit :D

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    For those that noticed, the licenseplate is now different as well. Had to say goodbye to my DTM combination :( In belgium you have to turn in your plates if you immobilize your car for winter.

    Do have plates now with my initials on them, and that is also rather cool. In Belgium you normally can't choose the combination, so I am happy with that :) It's all in the details.

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Small update on this car: it's doing great :) First 4000 km (2500 miles) are on the engine and all is well. Small oil leak to report (1 droplet on the ground after winterstorage), so I will get that sorted, but apart from that everything is a-okay.

    A new set of Kumho KU36's are now also on the car. Good to have some traction again :)















    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • mjimport
    replied
    Wow, just wow. I hope I can do the same for my m42 someday.

    Leave a comment:


  • SSE30
    replied
    I audibly said holy shit when I saw those finished engine photos. An inspiration to M42 owners everywhere.

    Leave a comment:

Working...