PJH's 1990 BMW E30 318is [PIC HEAVY]

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PJH
    replied
    Originally posted by Dj Buttchug
    hmmmmm not true...
    I really wonder who is right about this. I have seen brochures from Germany that had the M on the car, I can pictures of tests in magazines that don't have the M on the car.

    This totally confuses me.

    If the M badge was not on the cars, unless on the M3, then why was the badge invented in the first place?

    Leave a comment:


  • matias9
    replied
    great looking car, nice engine size for DD, and great photo shoot skills.

    Leave a comment:


  • efficient
    replied
    Car looks. VEry nice

    Leave a comment:


  • Dj Buttchug
    replied
    Originally posted by PJH
    BMW did put one of those on there in Europe :)

    Euro-318is'es all had the M-badge as the car was on an M-tech suspension
    hmmmmm not true...
    Still nice build. Was going to suggest priming the oil pump before hand but it appears there were no issues with building oil press.

    Leave a comment:


  • econti
    replied
    The photos look like a BMW brochure. Awesome work

    Leave a comment:


  • getouth
    replied
    Not sure what is more awesome the work or the photos..........well executed.

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Originally posted by ak-
    Future plans?
    - Fix the clunk in the rear suspension (might be the exhaust that is banging against something)
    - New exhaust
    - Go to the Nurburgring
    - Go to Bilsterberg
    - Go to Weeze
    - Go to Mas du Clos
    - Roadtrip through the alps
    - Roadtrip to scotland
    - Celebrate bankruptcy :D

    Leave a comment:


  • MouseRat
    replied
    Wow. I can only dream of doing this to my M42

    Leave a comment:


  • gespinal0301
    replied
    I plan on doing this in like 2 or 3 years once I graduate as a gift to myself and to the car since it'll probably be at 230k or 240k. I should also have the money by then which is the biggest factor haha

    Leave a comment:


  • ak-
    replied
    Was a joy to go through.

    Future plans?

    Leave a comment:


  • red2.4srt
    replied
    Absolutely beautiful.

    Nicely done! Thank you for the attention to detail, this is a great reference to anyone with an M42 looking to rebuild!

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Sorry for the long post ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Back in place:






    Back on the road


    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Finished product:




























    Leave a comment:


  • PJH
    replied
    Once the chain is in place, we seal the engine.




    New thermostat and waterpump


    Leave a comment:

Working...