My new seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaveCN
    If TJ is happy with his deal, what should it matter what anyone else thinks?

Keep slamming on Rob and maybe he won;t want to sell us his slick boots etc. for as cheap as he does.

Remember what happened with M-Technik-3?
    I think as Rob said it right that as long as his customers are happy, who cares what other people think?

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

exactly, i dont think i've ever heard of someone not being happy with what rob did for them. he's also known for his no spending limit, top noch work. i've seen a couple miraculous looking interiors done by him, ie. roy wickland's evo cloth center seats. rob's the fuckin man.
      Dan

Comment

7 pages for some seat pictures? Um, okay.

I like them TJ. Anything but stock seats in an E30 are pretty questionable. Rob's work is pretty sweet, my boots are still kicking ass all day everyday.
        The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

Originally posted by rscheiring
          I don't know most of you who are throwing the insults around. Those who have contact with custom upholstery shops (whether its your daddy or not) - lets see what kind of job they would do for a good R3V member and friend offering a couple used seats as payment - they would laugh in your pimply little face.

And besides, where are these titans of industry? Which of those upholsterers have stuck with and worked with the E30 gang, and R3V in particular, like I have? I challenge you to find ONE R3Ver that felt he/she was unfairly dealt with - I make sure you are all happy - return it, fix it, extras, discounts whatever.

Back to the topic, all that you kids offered up to TJ for his seats where beaters. He asked what we could do for a trade, and this is what we came up with (aside from the pass. seat back, I'll give em that). No, its not a $1,000 seat job, but the material is authentic, will last forever and will hold TJ in place. The bolsters will continue to wear like iron.

BTW TJ, did you notice your boots are brown ;)
          Originally posted by DaveCN
          If TJ is happy with his deal, what should it matter what anyone else thinks?

Keep slamming on Rob and maybe he won;t want to sell us his slick boots etc. for as cheap as he does.

Remember what happened with M-Technik-3?
          Hell yes Rob - throw down ;)

Dave - who's M-Technik-3?

I had the pleasure of owning a set of grey sport cloth seats from Rob (which is now in Dave's silver car lol) and they were top notch. He actually used the material from a grey non-sport cloth seat and some vinyl bits to sew it all up - it came out great! As always, his work has never let me down.

Keep in mind - Rob taught himself all of this. He has only been doing it for a few years, but has already made some incredible products. He's determined to make every customer happy - even if it means doing things over again.

Pictures do NOT do his work justice. So before you make a statement on someone's work, see it in person. If you still feel as though Rob's work is anything short of excellent - tell him, he'll fix it :)

Teeeej - I had the same problem with a few of my seats - I never did fix the problem. Let us know what you find.

PS - I'm handing the cabby over to Rob and he'll be happy to show you just what he can do. I'll be proudly displaying his work come spring.

Comment

Mtechnic-3 is Greg Levangie IIRC

1989 E30 318iS_______________________________1989 E30 325iC M-Technic I
            1997 E36 328iT
            1990 E30 325iT 24v SOLD
            1989 E30 325i 2.7i M-Technic II SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by BavarianBimmer
              Mtechnic-3 is Greg Levangie IIRC
              :rofl:

I was afraid someone was going to take me literally.

I've known Greg for a couple years now. He's come to the compound, gotten me some garage time at Hanscom, and hung out at Rob's. Great guy, sad to see him off the board.

Comment

if i decide to part out my car .. i'll sell you my seats

sorry i couldnt get better shots , but this is what i have for now .. heh

Comment

Scott, I took mikeelder's advice and I took the covers of the sides of the seat and sprayed them down with PB Blaster numerous times and continued to move the seats forward/back. It worked, they engage fully now. But the frame is slightly bent...

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                    Scott, I took mikeelder's advice and I took the covers of the sides of the seat and sprayed them down with PB Blaster numerous times and continued to move the seats forward/back. It worked, they engage fully now. But the frame is slightly bent...
                    The trouble with the sport seats is that they were either abused or well cared for - there aren't too many "average" ones. And all of them saw a lot of seat time, and spirited driving.

Can you bend it back? Maybe start looking for a donor seat like someone mentioned above, swap the stuff over?

Comment

Working...
                    X