No announcement yet.

2nd e30, 87 Lachssilber Revival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still working on the brakes. Going to bypass that junction or whatever it is for now since I can't get the bolts off and I'm beginning to round everything. But anyways, before this, the brakes were good and I signed up for another autocross run. Video below!

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Well well well, I did fix my brakes. I basically just bypassed that cylinder junction. They worked well enough for autocross the following week. I decided to split the brake job in to two video so part 1 is ready. And here are a couple photos as a reward for clicking the thread. Will have a few more videos coming this fall, I'm just a little slow getting to them.

Comment

Enjoyed watching your video, left a comment and a like... but man so many thoughts...

I think you can get a generic brake line and I actually have a brake line bendy thing tool I can send ya to try out if you want to try out making a whole new line.

FYI, of all my videos the DIY has by far the most clicks, so maybe a brake line DIY video could bring more views your way
        Simon
        Current Cars:
        -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
          Enjoyed watching your video, left a comment and a like... but man so many thoughts...

I think you can get a generic brake line and I actually have a brake line bendy thing tool I can send ya to try out if you want to try out making a whole new line.

FYI, of all my videos the DIY has by far the most clicks, so maybe a brake line DIY video could bring more views your way
          Pretty much what I ended up doing. Bought two sections of generic line and went from the abs unit down pass my last repair and connected there. I had it all as one video but split it in to two since I felt like it was too long.

Some day I'll redo my redo but would want to refresh the entire system at that time.

Comment

my comment on your video was about the lower dash trim. I just noticed one of them was missing. There are some 3D printed ones for sale on ebay that are quite nice
            Simon
            Current Cars:

Comment

my comment on your video was about the lower dash trim. I just noticed one of them was missing. There are some 3D printed ones for sale on ebay that are quite nice
              Oh I do have that. Its on the shelf haha. When my friends put the stock engine in for me, they changed my wire job of putting the e-fan to the ac switch to a toggle switch mounted under the steering column. With the trim in place, it's sometimes difficult to turn on and off.

Comment

https://youtu.be/YIz1a0rYJTs

Got some new goodies and made a video about it. Also here are some pictures to go along with it. Don't expect any progress for a little bit, I have all winter to do this.

Comment

oooh I like this. Somehow missed the video but I'll look for it tonight.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    SMASH THAT BELL ICON and you wont miss anything!
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                      Should be a recurring video series over the winter.

SMASH THAT BELL ICON and you wont miss anything!
                      I'm not a big YouTuber like you so I haven't been telling my viewers to subscribe yet.

Comment

You have to beg and plead with everyone. Including your family... and then you will reach the 80+ subscribers I have.

BTW I still havent sent out your mics lol... Maybe this week
                        Simon
                        Current Cars:

Comment

Nice vid! Looking forward to the install. Also, where did you buy your roll of carbon fiber?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike36 View Post
                            Nice vid! Looking forward to the install. Also, where did you buy your roll of carbon fiber?
                            Thanks! The carbon fiber, fiberglass, and epoxies are all from FiberGlast. They sponsor the guys at Industry Garage/Street Bandito and that's where I got the motivation for this so I'm going through that company. No clue if they're the cheapest or most expensive.

Comment

Hey some r3v content... Attempted to make a carbon fiber gas door. You can see it here in both photo and video form.

Dirty gas door to start but cleaned up nicely.

Built a flange for it and did my first layers with Partall Paste and PVA to make an easy to release surface for the fiberglass mold.

Layered on some gel coat to be the surface of the mold.

Couple layers of chopped strand mat and a couple of continuous strand mat. The chopped is so much easier to work with but take more layers to build up to the thickness of the continuous strand.

Good until this part and then I started to rush. Couldn't get the extra modeling clay off so I thought a little sanding would knock it loose. Then I started messing up the surface. So eventually I sanded that back smooth but the clay was still there. Wet the mold off to get any dust off and then added some PVA but didn't let it dry long enough before putting down the carbon fiber resin.

Well the clay did eventually come off with the carbon fiber part. Need to figure out how to get more smooth resin. It was thicker on the back side which was the top side in the mold. Ready for attempt two.

Comment

Do you think the garage temp is affecting things?
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:

Comment

Working...
                                X