"Different" car shots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Different" car shots

I wanted to think "outside" the box and try to capture some car shots where the car was more a part of an interesting scene, rather than just the sole subject of the photo.

I personally think I failed. I wasn't very happy with these shots. They are still pretty much standard car shots. Technically they aren't too exciting either, but I still wanted to post them up and see what everyone thought.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

I love the second one. As you said, they aren't exactly "exciting" photos, but they sure are nice car photos!

Comment

Lolol what building is that!??!
      Recent Rebranding!!
      Visit Garageaholic for all of your E30 Swap Needs!
      E30 SM62/S62
      E30 M60 V8
      E30 M30 Big 6!

Check out this E36 N54 Swap Build
      Instagram.com/garageaholic
      Youtube.com/garageaholic

Comment

I don't think they are that bad TJ, but yeah, I'm not so sure you succeeded in what you were attempting to accomplish. IF you had parked the car headfirst, it might have been less distracting. And maybe w/the car chopped out of the picture just a bit more, say only half showing? I dunno. Nice effort though, and a pretty cool mural.

[THE 501 club - Founding Member]

Comment

3rd one is awesome

Comment

TJ has been wandering with his camera again. :roll:

still good shots though
            HDE30 <3

Comment

go back and reshoot the second one. only this time, park the car facing the wall and center the camera parallel to the wall and do it in color.

i think that one thing that made these not turn out is that you backed into the spaces. the car would have been more subtle parked like you might just find a car there. most people dont back into spaces

Comment

they look pretty nice but #3 looks like its not quite the right angle for that fish eye lense.
                ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

#3 is really cool man!

Comment

Sorry to say, but not feeling them. As you said, you know can do better. You seem very attatched still to the rules of photography. But what do I know, i'm just another dilettante (sp?).

Comment

wow, that camo/splatter wall is cool.

cool idea TJ, just perhaps not quite executed perfectly.
                      sigpicM42 Brigade ... Throwing craze in the 318

Comment

The 2nd and 3rd pics are sweet but I think your right, they still seem to be just car shots. Good ones, but not what you were shooting for.
                        Back to my roots

Comment

WOW tj. holy crap man. you've outdun yourself this time. i'm loving these shots!!!!!

Comment

2 and 3 are superb.
                            The BMW 318 is back. With a vengeance.

Comment

I agree with you TJ, doesn't really seem like you got what you were going for, but they're good shots nonetheless. I really like #3.

Comment

Working...
                              X