No announcement yet.

What a fun day tearing apart the E38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got most everything out today, just have to lay down some plastic then tommorow pull the core and install the new one
    The stupid steal brace that requires the removal of the steering column to get too

The heater core exposed

It looks like the o-rings for the pipes at the far left connection where leaking, there was antirfreeze traces in the vent on that corner that runs under the seat to the rear passenger floor board.

No more column in the way

Any ways since antifreeze apeard of been leaking down into that floor vent, I pulled the driver's seat and checked under the carpet to make sure no antifreeze had gotten into the carpet, luckily it was dry or I would of been pulling the carpet out also

oh and here is a picture of the wrath of an e38 seat motor taken out on Mr Lincoln :pimp:

Now the fun part will be piecing this huge puzzle back together
    85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

Comment

Haha rather you than me Ely!

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

Originally posted by AdamF 88iS
        E30s are the easiest ones to do.
        Unless you don't have A/C.....

Comment

Well I got the brand new all metal heater core installed, and a good bit of the interior reinstalled

I should be able to finish up the job tommorow hopefully, or maybe thursday afternoon.

Comment

Not bad man. How much time do you have into it?

Originally posted by DaveCN
            Welcome.

Your car is a piece of shit.

Most of them here are, too.

Comment

I started working on it Last Thursday, then some more friday, then tuesday afternoon, and should be able to finish up today(just have to install the Driver's seat and fully vacume clean the interior, and bleed the coolant system)

Comment

Got the car all back together this afternoon, my mom was well pleased and said the car feels like it's brand new now(it better )

Realy the job wasn't all that bad, just time consuming.

Comment

Good work... now buff her headlights so she can see at night!

I only broke one thing doing my aunt's rear carpet... the illconceived cup holder!! I just epoxied it in, she said it was ok, she did not want to spend $150 to replace it.

Comment

Ya, those things should probally just be replaced. Both cupholders are in great shape, the first time I ordered parts for this car, the parts guy said "let me guese you need the cupholder", but I didn't :D

Comment

WOW replacing my motor mounts this week just got a bit cooler! F that in the A man!
                      Yours truly,
                      Rich
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by Rigmaster
                      you kids get off my lawn.....

Comment

I had to do almost the same thing on family car : unmount dashboard because of a leak.
                        For sure, you did a better and quicker job than I do.

Next time I will check this website before :-)
                        Vancouver wedding photographer

Comment

Really nice job, working on these things are never fun, when I refreshed the suspension on mine it took forever due to the complexity. Still amazing cars to drive though. One of my favorites for a daily!
                          Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Working...
                          X