My first e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first e30

Hello all, just recently joined this forum as I just so happened to pick up my first e30 on Friday. It's a 1989 325i that I picked up off from a member on bimmerforums. I have already fallen in love with the car in my first 600 miles. Anyways, on to the pictures...

The previous owner rebuilt the head with a 3 angle valve job and put new seals/rings in it.

Look mah... no plates!

The interior is in AMAZING shape, just some minor tearing of the seats in the back that I don't even notice so it doesn't bother me at all! :)

Now all I need to do is find a heater blower and I'm good to go!

Welcome to world of e30's :)

Nice model to start on, although it's rather blue...

Cone dodging dog-leg e30

Comment

Love the steering wheel.... but that blue on the engine bay has got to go.

That aside.... congrats on the buy! Good luck with it.
      Erick Mahle | FullOpp Drift | YouTube
      EurostopUSA | Dunlop Tires | Ireland Engineering | EnthusiastApparel | Ground Control

..::Support FullOpp::..
      FullOpp Stickers for sale!
      NEW | Enthusiast Apparel T-Shirts! | NEW
      Feedback Thread

Originally posted by Mr. Anderson
      ...one of the most hardcore E30's around. :D

Comment

I'm with the rest of the guys so far. Nice platform to start with, looks like a nice example.

But that blue valve cover and intake manifold have GOT to go. :up:

Comment

how do you like the suede momo steering wheel

www.rimstrader.com

all the parts you need to swap the M30 into your E30 here-> http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...ght=m30+mounts

99 540i/66 911

Comment

Cheers !

welcome to r3v.

beer
            -----Zen and the Art of e30 Maintenance - / - Zen TOC - / - Zen Summary

Comment

Originally posted by bmwmike
              how do you like the suede momo steering wheel
              I love it, it's a little hard to hold on long road trips (I drove 4 1/2 hours to my g/f's the night I got it) but overall I think it's great! I have a wooden Momo that I'm thinking of switching with this one but the more I think about it there isn't any brown in the interior so it'd look out of place.

Thanks for the compliments guy's! I'm actually pretty stoked about the car which is good because it makes me forget about having to sell my m3. I will probably repaint the valve cover and the intake manifold black or army green like my other car since I agree with you guy's and the blue isn't my bag. But that's all stuff that can be done later, now I'm gonna see if I can get all the swirls and scratches out of the paint, look into lowering it, and like I said try to find a blower motor :)

Comment

Yeah, a nice polish and wax and that car will be lookin good.
                So its sitting on stock suspension? I ask because my friend has a e30 with the same Team Dynamics wheels and a lowered suspension but his car is completely gutted and sits about as high as yours is now. Im curious to see how yours will look after the drop with those wheels.

Comment

welcome and good luck with it!

you are just few modds away from this -

Comment

niice... u bought that car from the guy on Bimmerforums? ... i believe that car was located in Illi or something

welcome to R3v
                    Toyota Pickup

Comment

That engine bay is hilarious.

A drop will go a long way with that car. The rims look funny being so small and the way the spokes stick out past the tires, but I reckon those are better than bottlecaps.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Welcome to E30 life!!!

Mariano

2001 Titaniumsilber 540i Sport 6-Speed
                        1990 Diamantschwarz Alpha-N 2.5L ///M3
                        1986 Alpinweiss 325e M50B25 (R.I.P.)

-Talk to me when more sound comes from the induction than from the exhaust...

-Argentina........lo mas grande que hay.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                          The rims look funny being so small and the way the spokes stick out past the tires, but I reckon those are better than bottlecaps.
                          I think those are the Team Dynamics that Bimmerworld sells.
                          Current Cars
                          2014 M235i
                          2009 R56 Cooper S
                          1998 M3
                          1997 M3

Comment

Originally posted by vlad
                            welcome and good luck with it!

you are just few modds away from this -

i wonder how well that 1 wiper blade system works. some mg's have 3. so i think i need 4 or something othere than that. 2 top 2 bottom, and not synchronized. so they crash into each other.

nice car dude.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by DaveCN
                              I think those are the Team Dynamics that Bimmerworld sells.
                              yes they are. i had them in flat black, but wasnt feeling the spokes. FWIW those are the lightest wheels allowed for SpecE30 racing @ 15x7 et26 13.1lbs...
                              IG: @Baye30

FRONT VALENCE IS ZENDER!!! STOP FILLING MY PM BOX PPL!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X