No announcement yet.

M30b34 E30 twin-screw supercharged muscle car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This build is going to be awesome! I can picture your idea vividly in my head, and I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see it finished!

Comment

this car is going to awesome man

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
      1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
      Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
      Mtech 2 turbo restoration
      Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

I know where a 5spd 535i is and I'm thinking of getting it because I want the LSD. I know it's hard to find the manuals which is why I was going to get it. I know Donnie and Kevin (my brother) and I worked at the shop for a bit too. If you are interested, we might be able to work something out.

Comment

Originally posted by e30prideTN View Post
          I know where a 5spd 535i is and I'm thinking of getting it because I want the LSD. I know it's hard to find the manuals which is why I was going to get it. I know Donnie and Kevin (my brother) and I worked at the shop for a bit too. If you are interested, we might be able to work something out.
          I'm interested in this. I may could want the whole motor/trans combo if it doesn't already have a home.

Yeah, you got a good brother. He's a damn good dude. And I right like Donnie as well.
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by sultan_e30 View Post
            This build is going to be awesome! I can picture your idea vividly in my head, and I absolutely love it! Can't wait to see it finished!
            Thanks man, I hope it turns out well. I'm not one of the dudes with a big ass wallet so it'll take some time.

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
            this car is going to be awesome man
            Thank you sir!
            Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
            ~~~~~~~~~~
            I was born on 3/25…
            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
              I'm interested in this. I may could want the whole motor/trans combo if it doesn't already have a home.

Yeah, you got a good brother. He's a damn good dude. And I right like Donnie as well.
              The car is at a junkyard, so if you were really interested then we will pull it. 5spd for sure, but the motor would depend on if the yard will help us get the motor out.

On that note, I can also get some ellipsoids (not perfect), black leather e36 seats already mounted in the e30. Houndstooth coupe door cars and the rear houndstooth seat. Eibach springs but those may hard to remove.

Comment

Ok, so, I took out the timing chain tensioner and the grinding noise stopped. Now it turns over all smooth and silky like. So I reckon that means I need some new timing guides. No big whoop.
                ~~~~~~~~~~
                I was born on 3/25…
                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Removed the timing cover(s) and looked inside to see that it has a new timing guide on the tension side and what looks to be old on the slack/spring side. I managed to mangle the head gasket where it continues on to in-between the two timing covers so I'm gonna get one and just replace it while it's easy. Hell, I might just do all the gaskets and shit while it's on the stand.

Btdubz, does anybody know how similar the m10 and m30 are? M10 just looks like a m30 minus 2 cylinders. The oil pump chain is a bit smaller on the m10, but a lot of stuff may cross over. I think I've read that the rod and main bearings are the same and rods and such.

Got my steel for the mounts in the mail, and ordered an oil pan and pickup from a e34 from Red88 here on r3v. Creeping forward...
                  ~~~~~~~~~~
                  I was born on 3/25…
                  ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

This m10 clutch can handle 283 hp and 291ft/lbs and is $146? Does that sound right? Seems cheap to me.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~
                    I was born on 3/25…
                    ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Alright I pulled the head off of the b34 cause I just had to know what it looked like in there. And I found something I'm not too keen on. One of the pistons had a pretty good sized gouge in the outside edge. I can only guess something crazy happened and a valve hit a piston (or two, see pics). Maybe a valve broke off or the motor ate some gravel or something. There is a bit of a chafe on the cylinder wall corresponding with where the piston deformed when the gravel, valve, denture partial was consumed. The exhaust valve on that cylinder was also the only oily-ish one in the lot, so I reckon there's a bit of blow-by in that cyl. I think that I'm gonna be ok with it all though. What's a little blow-by in the grand scheme?

Also, logistically, this motor is gonna be heaps harder to supercharge. That damn water pump is slap in the way. Can one use an electric water pump? I kinda wanna cut this one off to make my fabrication a bit easier…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~
                      I was born on 3/25…
                      ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Subd.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether-D View Post
                          Also, logistically, this motor is gonna be heaps harder to supercharge. That damn water pump is slap in the way. Can one use an electric water pump? I kinda wanna cut this one off to make my fabrication a bit easier…
                          Whuut?

Shouldn't have to do anything to the WP on an M30 to slap an Eaton on.

Interested to see your plans.
                          1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I ain't gonna do one of those remote supercharger mount jobs. I really like the manifold-mount variant, and the water pump is right where the snout wants to be. There's also coolant hose(s) near there in the way.

Anybody (slammin) know if I should hone the cylinders and re-ring it, will it be worth it? Or get the Maxsil pistons and get it bored at the mech shop. Or just hope for the best the way it is and fuck with the whole rebuild later (or not at all).
                            ~~~~~~~~~~
                            I was born on 3/25…
                            ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

sub'd.
                              I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                              TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                              e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Got my oil pan and pump from the e34. Thank you Red88! It's nice and clean, and was well packed and shipped quick.

Got the comfy polly motor and transmission mounts ordered and on the way from G-man the visionary. Thank you too sir! What a wonderful communicator! I've heard he smells of fresh baked bread. I cannot confirm this.
                                ~~~~~~~~~~
                                I was born on 3/25…
                                ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Working...
                                X