No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You put paint on the bare mating surface of the wheel and rotor right?
    How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Originally posted by rzerob View Post
      You put paint on the bare mating surface of the wheel and rotor right?
      Negative. That's a good idea though cause one day later it already started to oxidate again.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

This car is one of 56 IXs for 1988 and it's still being driven thru the winter?
        1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
          Driven hard through the winter. It did take a break at the peak of the season though. Saved it from some salt exposure.

Comment

I got a few things done this weekend. I got some fog light block off plates. The pictures are of when I first put them on. Since then I did go in with a heat gun and them to fit much more flash with the valence.

I also decided it was time to refresh the injectors o rings. I had been driving home with my daughter and every once in a while I would smell fuel vapor. So I took them out and they were in pretty stiff condition. Some of the upper seals we're cracked so I replaced those too. Then I added an extra o ring on the injector just to create a seal that doesnt allow grime into the little hole at all. All in all, successful day I'd say.

Comment

Better picture of the fog light plates after being heated and fit a little better than how they arrived. Excited to paint them white and paint the bumper too. Soon.

Comment

When are you going to install the passenger side seat
                Originally posted by Sonny
                I am a meme for our community.

Comment

Originally posted by DrJosh View Post
                  When are you going to install the passenger side seat
                  I'm unsure. It's on my list, but since it would serve me no real purpose I keep putting it off.

Comment

Little update. I replaced the "city light" in these euro blinkers. They are tiny bulbs and super bright led has them for light .40 a pair so I grabbed three colors. I got white, purple (blacklight) and amber. Decided on the white, although it looks blue in the picture. I also colored the orange bulbs for the blinkers to be silver. Below it's off, on and blinker.

Comment

Originally posted by Blake B View Post
                      there were way more than 56 ix's in 1988. lol.
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                        there were way more than 56 ix's in 1988. lol.
                        5,494 in 1988.

Comment

That number is also wrong. IIRC that's the entire US production, not 1988.

It's all in the ETK. I wish I had time to make it something you could search. Depending on when you define the next model year (typically it starts in September each year), there were roughly 1700 produced for 1988 (US/Canada).

I just looked through the DB and added it up manually, and I used August as the cutoff, so it could vary a bit depending on how you add them up. But it was definitely way more 56 and it's way less than 5494.
                          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

That number is also wrong. IIRC that's the entire US production, not 1988.

It's all in the ETK. I wish I had time to make it something you could search. Depending on when you define the next model year (typically it starts in September each year), there were roughly 1700 produced for 1988 (US/Canada).

I just looked through the DB and added it up manually, and I used August as the cutoff, so it could vary a bit depending on how you add them up. But it was definitely way more 56 and it's way less than 5494.
                            Ok. I took those numbers from a thread here on R3V that had been rewritten a few times it seems. We may never know the answer and I'm fine with that. Doesn't add to or take away for me. You're a boss Nando.

Comment

We do know the answer! it's right in the ETK. Every serial # and production date is listed. All you gotta do is add them up. :)
                              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

We do know the answer! it's right in the ETK. Every serial # and production date is listed. All you gotta do is add them up. :)
                                Where do you find that in ETK? The complete list of VIN's.

Comment

Working...
                                X