No announcement yet.

My 1988 e30 325ix - Garage'd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got everything mounted for the oil filter relocation. Seam sealed the areas I ground down for welding. Basically I just drilled holes and welded in my old exhaust studs manifold studs for the filter location. I am waiting for 10an lines to show, but feeling good it's out from under the manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by Iloveboost View Post
      Is this some universal clamp to be welded? can you tell me where you bought it ? nice work !
      Yea this is a 3" vband flange. Welded them on and then they clamp down. I think I posted a final somewhere.

Comment

Finally got some 10AN lines are n the mail today. Anything from Canada seems to take forever right now. They were much long than I anticipated, but I was able to make it work. If I need to I can always cut them shorter in the future. I routed them under and through the hole where the AC used to fit. Underneath I used a little hose separator to keep them from rubbing on each other and then a rubber seam weld for the hole.

Comment

I got some items in the mail today! Time to learn some things.

Comment

Got the goods back from the ceramic coater today! They look great! I gotta wait a min to install them because they said they are "still soft". Here are some pictures to give an idea though.

Comment

That does look very nice!
              1990 325iX Touring - November 2018 R3V Car Of The Month

1980 Volkswagen Golf mk1 1.1
              1974 BMW 2002 Touring

Instagram

Comment

That looks good. I like the color.
                How to remove, install or convert to pop out windows
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=297611

Could be better, could be worse.

Comment

Thank you, thank you! Not much of an update. I installed the exhaust and fed all the new wiring through the firewall. (feeding things through the firewall is a total pain in the ass) cleaned some things, looked at some things. I am a little unsure how to connect the signal wire to the zeitronix zt-3. My guess is the 4 wires on the old narrowband o2 connect to the 4 signal wires on the zeitronix zt-3. MS gets the information from there and they all play nicely. If anyone has used this setup any advice would be much appreciated. It's MSPNP2 (EMS) and Zeitronix ZT-3 (wideband).

Comment

Is there any better "cherry on top" then brand new exhaust manifold nuts? The manifolds turned out clean, I really love the color.
                    clutchCTRL!
                    Move with a purpose.
                    - 1991 325iX 4dr/5spd
                    - 1976 2002 SlickTop/2.7i M20/G260
                    - 2000 323i AT
                    2016 Mazda CX3 Sport AWD

Comment

Originally posted by kid325e View Post
                      Is there any better "cherry on top" then brand new exhaust manifold nuts? The manifolds turned out clean, I really love the color.
                      You're so right! Thank you.

Comment

Am I supposed to have 12v at my o2 sensor? I think it's pin 4, the green wire. I have no voltage even at the relay and I'm confused.

Comment

Thanks for all the help everyone... LoL. I got it started and I am slowly figuring this out. The afr gauge makes it easier for sure. Hopefully I'll be driving soon, but I gotta bleed the brakes and don't want to do it twice and I'm waiting for some crows feet to actually be able to get in there. I worked on my idle yesterday and today and finally feels like it's smooth and my afr gauge is sitting around 13. The odd thing is I had to trim fuel a lot and I went from 70 to around 35 atm. Maybe the whole time is overly rich in general? I will have to learn.

Comment

Good luck man. I dealt with MS for along time on my other project and found it to be such a PITA. I feel like I just never knew if my problems were related to the MS base settings, fuel map, spark map, mechanical issues, wiring issues, component issues... just so many variables! I think my MS days may be over with, but maybe you have aptitude and patience I dont! Keep up the good work!
                            2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
                            1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
                            1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Originally posted by dadsbmw View Post
                              Good luck man. I dealt with MS for along time on my other project and found it to be such a PITA. I feel like I just never knew if my problems were related to the MS base settings, fuel map, spark map, mechanical issues, wiring issues, component issues... just so many variables! I think my MS days may be over with, but maybe you have aptitude and patience I dont! Keep up the good work!
                              Thanks man! I appreciate the encouragement. "Everyone starts out a beginner." Is one of my favorite phrases. It keeps me motivated in tough times.

Comment

So I found that my Y collector was leaking. I couldn't get my AFR readings correct without completely cutting fuel down, which wasn't good. So I checked the physical connection and the clamp style connection was clearly leaking. I had a feeling when i made this setup... So here I am welding on v-bands to make this connection solid af. My welds are getting mildly better, so that's good. I also installed the rear brake lines from Chase Bays. That was fun...

Comment

Working...
                                X