Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the tune is just about finalized!

And I think I just stuffed my 1-2 collar. Not sure though, aa 1 and 2 are still useable, but the shifter is very sticky/notchy.

Fuck. Fuck. Fuck. There goes my track day in November. Hopefully the problem is in the linkage, but I'm not going to get my hopes up. I was running wide open, shifted into 2nd and it grinded, then went in. This box has always been iffy though since I got it. I've learned to drive it without grinding 90% of the time, but its always hated quick shifting.

Oh well!
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

At least you can rebuild the box instead of have to get a new one like a bmw!
      -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
      08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
      318iS, slow build/garage queen...
      '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
      Originally posted by roguetoaster
      Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

This is true. I found a rebuild kit with the upgraded shift collar for $800ish. Going to have to sell the Miata and still wait for tax season.

Driving the car home tonight sucked. Luckily most of my commute is highway, but getting it into 1st gear, and shifting into second is depressing. I cannot wait to buy our house in August, and then buy an SUV for the Wifey, so Saab will then be my DD.

Right now I'm just getting frustrated, and I would love to be able to park it until tax return time.

Did I mention the boost leak? Yup, my hour and 15 minute commute turned into 2 hours today because I developed a significant boost leak leaving work. Checked all the available clamps, which are good to go. I'm pretty sure it's on the passenger turbo outlet. Will take care of it in the morning, but meh.

These car's definitely are only for those who have an attachment to them. Mine stems from a memory from my younger years that I just can't shake. I can say with 100% certainty that I have found MY car, but it is definitely a love hate relationship.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Boost leak test this evening, NO LEAKS! WOOHOO!!!!

Had to remove a T-bolt clamp as it was too wide, and kept slipping off one of the original hoses. Went back to the thin worm clamp and it has held for 2 days now, then tonight passed the test. Much better than the 30 minutes that the T-bolt clamp would hold for.

On a side note, the trans has loosened up a good bit since the incident. Lucky too, I probably won't be able to pull it out until after we move in August.

Here's a picture of my dirty slut to break up this page of text.

Don't worry, I'll take her for a bath before work tomorrow. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't washed it since the body shop.
          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by 325i View Post
            i need bentleys ^^
            You've said that for the past like 4 years

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
            Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Everything is finally calming down, and 2 months later I would consider the car sorted out. It got frustrating at times, but well worth it.

No E30 Club

Comment

Intercooler pipes were hurting me every time I looked at it.

Much better. Just some adjustments to make, and fit some RS4 mesh in the sides.
                No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                  Intercooler pipes were hurting me every time I looked at it.

Much better. Just some adjustments to make, and fit some RS4 mesh in the sides.

Dude that looks great. Really has that OEM sleeper look.
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                  Originally posted by Northern
                  beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                  Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                  Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                  '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                  Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by HennaE30 View Post
                    Dude that looks great. Really has that OEM sleeper look.
                    Paint the intercooler and clamps black and you'd really have the sleeper looks
                    -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                    08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                    318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                    '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                    Originally posted by roguetoaster
                    Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I've thought about that.

I'll probably end up painting the clamps, kind of like the core tucked back there.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Definitely black>chrome pipes, they look great!

Comment

Come summer I'm putting a set of RPF1's on here.

Going up to an 18x8 RPF1 will shave 41 pounds of rotating mass on the wheels alone. Figure less rubber for the tires as well.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            Come summer I'm putting a set of RPF1's on here.

Going up to an 18x8 RPF1 will shave 41 pounds of rotating mass on the wheels alone. Figure less rubber for the tires as well.

All together I'm assuming? Per wheel would be insane

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Originally posted by flyboyx
                            how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                            Originally posted by Northern
                            beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                            Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                            Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                            '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                            Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Total, stock AVUS wheels weigh in at 28 pounds each. As much as I love the look, I'm going more for performance. The Enkeis are 17 each. That's a ton of rotating weight to shed, and should result in a measurable difference in performance.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Haven't posted for a while, the car is still going strong! Puts a smile on my face every day. I actually find myself driving it like a Grandma 99% of the time, so when I do use the power it gives me that old rush again.

I bumped this though for a reason. My plan has been cemented.

If all goes well in August, and we get the house, I'll be selling the frankenturbos. I want to go big single, with rods and a girdle.

600-700awhp is my goal.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X