Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starting a collection of parts.

(don't mind the mess)

10mm front, 15mm rear.

Also have neuspeed s-tech springs in my closet, and I snagged a set of used Bilstein sports this afternoon for $130 shipped. Hopefully that goes through well.

One of my flex pipes has sprung a leak, so at the end of the month I'll be ordering a turbo-back exhaust for it. As soon as it gets a little warmer we will be pulling it into a friends garage and going over everything. My list so far:

Springs/shocks/spacers: purchased
    Timing belt/water pump/thermostat: Need
    Turbback exhaust: Need
    Right front outer CV boot (will probably just order a new cv shaft): Need

The good news, is I've put 10,000 miles on it in 4 months and even though things break here and there, it hasn't let me down yet.

One of my EGT sensors is also crapping out causing random throttle cut. Makes me glad I invested in Eurodyne, because I can just tune it out.
    Things are happening faster than I thought. This car just might be stage 3 before the end of the year.
    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Just more to add to the pile of parts I don't feel like installing.

I'll get around to it though, I promise.

Coded out the EGT sensors, but the flex pipe is getting worse and worse. I no longer trust my wideband. :(
      No E30 Club
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I have never had a wheel bearing go from good to holy shit I think the wheel is going to fall off in 30 miles, until today.

Luckily auto zone had a timken in stock, which interestingly enough is the same company that makes the bearings a lot of trains roll on.
        No E30 Club

Comment

Before:

After:

Just what I was looking for, a modest drop but not dysfunctionally low. Also has 15mm spacers up front. I was planning on 10 front and 15 rear, but the lugs were too long in the front and locked up the wheels, so I tried the 15mm spacers up front and found them to be perfect. The 10mm spacers are on the rear now, but I will be ordering some 20mm ones today.

I think I did pretty good holding off. Car was purchased in October, and I've had the springs since December.

And yes, I am aware of the bubble. Its on my list.
          No E30 Club

Comment

Spacers are on, downpipes installed, and got it dialed in pretty well.

Bumped it up to 18psi after the downpipe install. Now I'm just going to save up and go Frankenturbo.

Oh, and for your viewing pleasure, here are the results. Pretty good resolution for a potato if you ask me.

I think I am having a problem with my n75 valve, been looking at some logs and boost pressure always hovers around requested, but is usually about 2 psi short and floats between that and just over requested. It never really matches up though.

New spacers:

And, new Asus transformer to replace my 8 year old relic I was using to tune. Old setup took 15 minutes to boot up, and finally died during a data log. Lucky for me I wasn't in the middle of a flash! Still, had to start from scratch all over again with a base file because I lost all of my revisions. This little guy is awesome though, exactly what I needed. 8 hours of run time, tablet, windows 8.1, and a REAL keyboard.
            Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 05-01-2015, 10:43 AM.
            No E30 Club

Comment

Well, Asus pulled a fast one. That tablet only had 1 gig of ram, and within 2 weeks started showing it's lack of balls.

So, that went back to the store. No I'm using this bad boy. Win. 8.1, 12" screen, 1.6ghz quad core, 4gb ram, 64gb storage with a dock for a 2.5" SSD in the keyboard. Much smoother operating device, not bad for only $130 more.

T200TA-C1-BL

Another update, on my way to work 2 days ago I noticed an extremely rich AFR (Low 10, almost into 9's) and a total lack of balls. Hooked up the computer and found very low boost, requesting 19psi and only reaching 13. Did some inspecting and sure enough, my throttle body boot is torn.

SO, a new Samco boot is $90, but I found something better. SRM Bipipes with methanol bungs, and a used Samco boot for $100 shipped.

Now I am faced with a question, how the hell do I resist turning this car into a meth head?

The ad stated that the pipes have been pressure tested OK, I'll probably fill it in and sand smooth just in case.
              No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Now I am faced with a question, how the hell do I resist turning this car into a meth head?
                Simple. Give in
                -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                Originally posted by roguetoaster
                Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

The want is real... Too bad I'm broke atm... A nice 01 6 speed for sale $4500.. Idk why I want one so bad... Just do.. Lol
                  Originally posted by flyboyx
                  how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                  Originally posted by Northern
                  beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                  Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                  Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                  '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                  Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Here's my money pit. 195k with original engine and turbo's, 2nd owner. Currently under the knife at my shop, getting a fully rebuilt tranny with updated shift collar and full carbon syncro's. As well as some new snails :giggle:

Click image for larger version

Name:	moneypits4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	116.6 KB
ID:	7176738
                    Originally posted by audiquattrot
                    bimmers b4 b*tches....remember that.
                    1990 Alpinweiss 325i - secret 500whp build
                    2000 Audi S4 B5 Laser Red
                    1990 Nissan 240sx - Drift Missile
                    2006 CBR600RR

Comment

^ Photos like that keep making me rethink my position on sticking with Avus wheels.

Great looking car.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Srs bsnss in the works right now. Hopefully it all pans out, will post results.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          Srs bsnss in the works right now. Hopefully it all pans out, will post results.
                          ??????????????????????????????????????
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

I've owned one of these, I remember right after I paid for it, friend says to me "Congrats on buying one of the most unreliable car" At the time I was thinking...HATER!!! Lol but as time went by I truly understand why smh. Very nice car when it works tho, just have money ready.

Sorry for being negative GL
                            sigpic
                            E30love

Comment

No apology necessary, if you read through this thread I have been far from immune to its potential problems.

Still love it though!

And I can't say what's in the works until the items have shipped. Don't want to jynx it.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Frankenturbo f21's and methanol. One turbo needs a rebuild but the CHRA's are only $225. The turbos and meth are still being pulled from the car but all items are paid for, just waiting. Hopefully the exhaust housing isn't too damaged on the bad one.
                                No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X