Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dirty30 View Post
    Cool, www.pdautowerks.com I'm not on Facebook but he is. He has a B5 A4 track car he is building right now. Its getting the suspension from 034's time attack car, turbo upgrade, Porsche brakes, cage etc.
    You guys in on Saturdays? I saw the shop on a Starbucks run last week, I may stop by after work.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      You guys in on Saturdays? I saw the shop on a Starbucks run last week, I may stop by after work.
      One of us is usually there on the weekends if not both of us... just knock on the door or if its open come on in!

Edit: While you are dealing with tune headaches I thought I'd mention he just became a Malone Tuning dealer, might want to chit chat with him a little about the tune you have now VS the Malone tune(s) he offers. We just did my TDI Jetta and he said its night and day versus other companies out there. Rocketchip for example tends to run really aggressive tunes/ boost levels for the VE TDIs whereas the Malone is a lot more daily driver freindly but still packs a nice punch. Just a thought.

Comment

My 2000 s4. Sold her with around 135k on the clock. VAST RS6 turbos, VAST tune (spike 25psi hold 23psi), FMIC, OEM B5 RS4 Ypipe, straightpipe with only 1 muffler (sounded amazing), BBS CH black edition, black/grey suede interior, H&R sport spring, stoptech slotted rotors, etc.....

~485awhp, stupid fast. Drove it daily for about 10months. Amazing car, sold it due to inevitable high maintenance costs when something went horrendously wrong.

Pics:

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Pulled relatively hard on a later model 4.6 GT Mustang tonight. In his defense, he had 2 kids and an adult passenger in the car.

In my defense, I pulled relatively hard on him. Don't get me wrong, I am not bragging. That's not a car to brag about being faster than, but for a DD with a tune.....

I like this car.... Alot.
          Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-19-2014, 06:49 PM.
          No E30 Club
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
            My 2000 s4. Sold her with around 135k on the clock. VAST RS6 turbos, VAST tune (spike 25psi hold 23psi), FMIC, OEM B5 RS4 Ypipe, straightpipe with only 1 muffler (sounded amazing), BBS CH black edition, black/grey suede interior, H&R sport spring, stoptech slotted rotors, etc.....

~485awhp, stupid fast. Drove it daily for about 10months. Amazing car, sold it due to inevitable high maintenance costs when something went horrendously wrong.

Pics:

Great looking car. Meh, all cars are expensive when something big goes.
            No E30 Club

Comment

Nice looking B5. I've had 4 ranging from stock with a tune, to K04's, to RS6 turbos! Quick cars and I had great luck/reliability with all of them

Comment

Congrats, you pulled on a 260hp Mustang in an S4. Next on your kill list? A Civic perhaps?

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                Pulled relatively hard on a later model 4.6 GT Mustang tonight. In his defense, he had 2 kids and an adult passenger in the car.

In my defense, I pulled relatively hard on him. Don't get me wrong, I am not bragging. That's not a car to brag about being faster than, but for a DD with a tune.....

I like this car.... Alot.

Comment

My brother has a B6 A4 that him and I swapped a 2.7t from a A6 into. He previously had a Stage 3 B5 S4. Fun cars.
                  1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

Originally posted by Red_liner740 View Post
                    Congrats, you pulled on a 260hp Mustang in an S4. Next on your kill list? A Civic perhaps?
                    Nice try. Your reading comprehension shows.

For the record, the 3v was 300hp. S4 stage 1 is only around 310.
                    Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 12-26-2014, 07:24 AM.
                    No E30 Club

Comment

So do I order Borla cat back or keep saving for turbo fund?

Other option, install new driveline mounts and lower it first.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by exodus_2pt0 View Post
                        so do i order borla cat back or keep saving for turbo fund?

Other option, install new driveline mounts and lower it first.
                        more powahhhh

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

^ agreed. I also think when turbo time comes I will be going with SRM rs6 k24's. Should be able to push 450whp on pump, and take it over 500whp with meth when I decide to install rods. Rods won't be done until we have our house and this becomes a toy.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

I didn't follow advise.

Snagged a set of lightly used tein s-tech springs, going to hold off on install until I fork up the cash for some billy sports and ecs 10mm spacer kit.

Trying desperately to stick to my plan of doing things right. I slipped a little on the teins, but they have the same spring rates as the stock s4, with a 2" ish drop. Coupled with the billsteins they should serve me well.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Had an absolute blast this morning!

No E30 Club

Comment

Dude local to me just finished breaking in his s4 with the new build. Pushing 900 horsepower now. Thing is a rocket ship.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
                                1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
                                Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
                                Mtech 2 turbo restoration
                                Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

Working...
                                X