Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B5 S4, operation money pit. Forever evolving, never ending.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

F21's, Devils own methanol already setup for the car, 52lb injectors, aasco single mass flywheel, rs4 pressure plate and 6 puck clutch. All of those are on the way or will be shortly.

The best part? It has all cost me <$1600. PP and clutch are brand new, flywheel has been rebuilt by aasco with new bearing and friction surface.

Also, I will have a lift and fully equipped shop to do the work in. Fuck yes I'm excited. Going to wait until my timing belt is due then go all out.

Will be keeping the stock cat back and side mount intercoolers now, shooting for ~350whp, then once those last two items are taken care of 400whp should be cake.
    No E30 Club
    Originally posted by MrBurgundy
    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Awesome. They are silly fun cars when there is that much power in the mix. Just wait until it snows.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Inlets will be on their way as well. That wraps it up!

F21 turbo's, check.
        RS4 Inlets, check.
        52lb bosch fuel injectors, check.
        Methanol injection dual nozzle kit, check.
        Lightweight flywheel, check.
        6 puck clutch, check.
        RS4 Pressure plate, check.

So now it's just odds and ends. Need to order a turbo install kit from ECS, and my wife is buying me a timing belt kit for my birthday.

Icing on the cake, is I get 2 paid days off for finishing all of our Grainger online training. I'm thinking a 4 day weekend is in order, with plenty of beer for myself and a friend or two or three.
        No E30 Club
        Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I was behind one of these on the way home, killer exhaust note!
          sigpic

Comment

Thinking I'm going to run a stock s4/rs4 plate though and just not launch it.

Oh yes, and I have decided a GoPro will be a mandatory part of this build.
            Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-03-2015, 07:11 PM.
            No E30 Club

Comment

RIP your wallet.
              1985 325e M50TU(Sold)
              1991 318is Slicktop (Sold)
              1990 325is Brilliantrot S50/5 Lug Swapped.
              1992 525i Manual shitbox Winter Beater

Comment

I'm between one of these and an E46 M3... I'm really excited to see where the car goes. Subbed.
                Originally posted by flyboyx
                how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                Originally posted by Northern
                beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

Originally posted by TimKninja View Post
                  RIP your wallet.
                  Total cost so far <$1600

Turbos, meth, rs4 inlets, injectors are all on their way and included in that cost. This kit is about ready.

I'm patient, keep snagging deals.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

Small thing, but figured I'd share anyway.

Harness for boost gauge. Not going to allow for any wiring issues.

No E30 Club

Comment

Ruh roh. Wife just sent me this. More details tonight.
                      No E30 Club

Comment

55# Bosch Ev14 injectors

RS4 inlets and SRM bipipes with methanol bungs

Devils own pump/check valve/ progressive controller. The nozzles and other lines escaped through the hole in the box. Luckily the expensive stuff made it! Not going to sweat the small things. Should only be about $75 to complete.

And, the money shot. Will need to clean them up, but they feel good.

Just need a timing belt kit, turbo install kit, and some various gaskets I'll be replacing while I'm in there. I'd like to have this done before I go to the beach in August. I know a certain Vette I would like to take down on the way.
                        Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-10-2015, 06:49 PM.
                        No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          I know a certain Vette I would like to take down on the way.
                          Easy kill! And its even remotely wet out, forgetaabboutit
                          -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                          08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                          318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                          '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                          Originally posted by roguetoaster
                          Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Finally got the boost guage installed tonight, and confirmed that I'm running 19psi in low rpms. My logs have told me this, but I wasn't sure.

According to the internet, my k03's should have died months ago. Kind of makes me want to install the methanol, crank the boost and see what happens. Also, tried launch control for the first time a few days ago, and I was pleased to find my stock clutch held great.

It's funny how brave one gets when they have a room full of parts and just need an excuse to install them all.

I'll snag a video of some launches...

How the car currently stands.

Last edited by Exodus_2pt0; 06-13-2015, 08:48 AM.
                            No E30 Club

Comment

Long time customer here...

Moar parts!

That's it for a little while, still need to complete the methanol kit and order a turbo install kit along with some gaskets.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

So, like you, I've wanted one of these ever since I was able to distinguish between cars. I must've been 6 years old when I first saw this car and instantly fell in love. Utter dream car for me here, and I've had my fair share of decent cars, (2004 R32, 91' 318is, 89' GTI, and now 14' fiestaST) but still I itch to get into a B5S4.

Keep the updates coming! Looks great.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                                X