No announcement yet.

turbo build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did a digital mini speedometer for my cluster.

The modern speedo's need a digital processed signal (sine wave). The diff sensor outputs an analog signal (square wave). I gutted my original cluster and pulled the speedo. I wired up the speedo (it's only about 4 wires) and used the chip to process the signal. The processed signal then goes to the mini speedo in my cluster. From there I used the mini speedo to calibrate my speed using GPS from my iphone.

The speedo sits on the panel under the steering column and doubles as my odometer since my gauges don't have one.

I love your gauges, they have a much more 80s look to them compared to mine. Probably better quality than the stuff autometer makes these days. Mine are some older ones which still have a quality metal casing and such, but the newer one's are all plastic and feel cheap.

If you need any help send me a PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pandaboo911 View Post
      I did a digital mini speedometer for my cluster.

The modern speedo's need a digital processed signal (sine wave). The diff sensor outputs an analog signal (square wave). I gutted my original cluster and pulled the speedo. I wired up the speedo (it's only about 4 wires) and used the chip to process the signal. The processed signal then goes to the mini speedo in my cluster. From there I used the mini speedo to calibrate my speed using GPS from my iphone.

The speedo sits on the panel under the steering column and doubles as my odometer since my gauges don't have one.

I love your gauges, they have a much more 80s look to them compared to mine. Probably better quality than the stuff autometer makes these days. Mine are some older ones which still have a quality metal casing and such, but the newer one's are all plastic and feel cheap.

If you need any help send me a PM.
      hmm interesting i guess ill be taking appart my gauges to see what i may need to do in there
      8)8)

Comment

been slowly cleaning wiring and shifting stuff around the engine bay, added the headlight covers, relocated p/s ressivoir down by frame rail..
        this is what its looking like, im still not happy with it i feel like it needs to be cleaner, so any advise are wlecome plz give me ideas :p:p and also thinking for color canging the gold but not sure what color to do other then black. what you guys think?

8)8)

Comment

this is where the p/s ressi is now. not liking the under intake many area, waiting for the right time to pull it off for powder coat and ill redo it all under there. looks cleaner tho

8)8)

Comment

Hah nice you moved the p/s res. It's already looking good in my opinion and to really set it off you probably just need to powder coat the VC and Intake Manifold to some other color.
            Maybe mount your FPR to the original AFM bracket on the driver side there? AN fittings and SS lines for your FPR/VAC/Fuel rail?
            You can also change the valve cover nuts to caps instead from another BMW

I forget which one it comes from and how much I paid, but it certainly wasn't $100+.

GJ, keep it up.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Originally posted by ak- View Post
              Hah nice you moves the p/s res. It's already looking good in my opinion and to really set it off you probably just need to powder coat the VC and Intake Manifold to some other color.
              Maybe mount your FPR to the original AFM bracket on the driver side there? AN fittings and SS lines for your FPR/VAC/Fuel rail?
              You can also change the valve cover nuts to caps instead from another BMW

I forget which one it comes from and how much I paid, but it certainly wasn't $100+.

GJ, keep it up.

yeah i need to cut the braket from relays off, i want to remake the intercooler pipe so it will look like its more for the car and straight rather then just a straight pipe.
              and the fpr will be going where the obd connector was on the mannifold...

i will change the color but im still trying to picture what color id want, i wanna do gold plate. but then it may be too much? then i was thinking matching color of the car, and then final wrinkle black. and im out of ideas for that.

and cool i had been wanting to look into getting the nutz for vc. thank you
              8)8)

Comment

What's the name of those wheels, look great!

Comment

Originally posted by HersheySquirts View Post
                  What's the name of those wheels, look great!
                  Sportmaxx 534 if I'm not mistaken I forgot which ones they are
                  8)8)

Comment

got to do little work on it so i repainted the under hood and added the black foam, now just adusting because the foam hits the throttle body :(

8)8)

Comment

relocated the fpr today. wish i wasnt so busy :( to do more

8)8)

Comment

two days ago i finally decided to do the wiring and repainting of engine.

what the wiring area is starting to look like

i put obd round connector by fuse box and the three relays in glove box area..

8)8)

Comment

in the process of replacing fuel lines with ss lines and black fittings
                          8)8)

Comment

sub'd

2012 MCSCC/NSSCC CP class champ
                            HSAX Instructor

Comment

could anyone tell me how i could get rid of my idle control valve thing that looks like crap off the throttle body? how can i bypass this. or is that something i should look into just dealing with lol
                              8)8)

Comment

Get megasquirt and tune it out
                                1989 325i LS Swap (Money Pit):https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=244933
                                COTM Feb 2019: https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=428404

Comment

Working...
                                X