No announcement yet.

turbo build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you plug the wires into the correct hole on the rotor cap?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

yes i switched wires next to eachother. il will double check this. but i had a missfire then replaced that cap and its the same.
      8)8)

Comment

I'm kind of confused when you say you switched wires next to each other....the cap has a number by each of the tubes that MUST go to the corresponding spark plug/cylinder hole
        1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

ahh did not know that... learn something new. and well i put them next to eachther both the way they are mounted. so i took top to top middle to middle and so on. im sure they are the way they go but checking now
          8)8)

Comment

Well,that is definitely the problem....flash a light on the cap and you will see the numbers 1-6 and then the spot for the coil plug itself!
            1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

just checked them. and i had them right so the issue isnt coming from that. waiting for it to cool down imma started see if cold does anything
              8)8)

Comment

car was cold and some working.
                checking grounds now maybe some came loose
                8)8)

Comment

Did you replace the rotor as well, or just the cap?
                  1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

just the cap... but problem has been found. thank you for the help learned some new out of it lol...

does anyone sell some more stronger rocker arms? this is my third one broken i fell like they break too much..
                    and do i have to pull the head off the car? or is there a way i can do this with the head in the car
                    8)8)

Comment

8)8)

Comment

Originally posted by e30 power View Post
                        I use Ireland engineerings HD rocker arms in my track e30 and my daily e30 great product, great price. I will never use standard Rocker arms again.

329i

Comment

purchasing these. and pulling the head. is this the only way of doing tis? no way they can be done in the car?
                          8)8)

Comment

and the head is half way out now. just got one nut left on the headers, and intake manifold nuts and it should be out tomorrow
                            8)8)

Comment

rocker arm fixed. drove the car and its 100% i replaced it with head in the car. was very simple to do """""IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOUR DOING""" so i fixed it all in under 3 hours. but then i had the oil return blow a seal..... so now on to dropping the oil pan
                              8)8)

Comment

reason why i did it this way right now. i order the hd rockers... and wanted to drive the car to do some more stuff to it that requires me to drive back and forth to the shop... ill be taking head off and doing all arms again with hd ones and fix few other things then
                                8)8)

Comment

Working...
                                X