Did some interior work on the eta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did some interior work on the eta

My buddy is working on uphostering a Recaro SRD copy for me to throw in on the driver's side, Since the seat dosn't have a rear access lever I decided to finally gut the rear interior and cover the metal with some carpet. I purchased 8 lineat feet of the carpet and it's about 6 feet wide, the roll only weighed right around 4-5lbs so I'm still getting a nice weight gain. Here are some pics of the progress so far, I still have to do the Passenger side panel, bottom panel, and tweak the rear deck fitment. Once I find some black screws and countersuck washers I'll replace the silver ones with those for the stealth look.
    On to the pics
    Before

During

In progress

85 325e 2.7 ITB'd stroker

very nice! where did you get the roll cage?

Comment

It's just a roll bar, and is made by Kirk Racing, bolt in fitment.

Comment

Are you saying that before you got the SRD you let people ride in the back with the roll bar?

I actually like the look of the gutted rear better than with the indoor/outdoor carpet, but it should deaden some sound so that is good.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I think the carpet looks good, maybe tighten it alittle but looks good otherwise.

Comment

no one ever rode back there, I had already removed the rear seat belts, I had put back in the rear seat and stuff just for looks. If the car was any other color then white then I would of just left it stripped, but the white paint reflects into the rear window and screws with the visability out the back.
            Ya I need to tighten the sides of the rear deck, I took those pictures before it was completly done, I may have to make a cardboard support for the corners to keep it from saggin as there isn't much metal in the corners to screw into.

Comment

i did the same thing to my e21 when i got my racing seats in. i bought some carpet from home depot that was not fuzzy, but also very "sturdy" feeling. that way there were no air bubbles when i did it.

also, look into getting the special carpet glue, it made the process very easy and quick!

Comment

I don't want to glue it down, I like the screws a lot better, just incase I ever need to get to any of the wiring, speakers etc....

Comment

well i glued MOST of it, but left the edges for wiring aswell, it looked good, ill see if i can find an old image!

Comment

punch out the center panle in the back thats for the rearseat arm rest. i dunno why. its fun i suppose.

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                    @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Working...
                    X