cameras ready prepare to flash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*pictures rehosted on post 203*

hellrot m3 finally sold! got a sweet gtx3582r as part of the trade. time to start collecting parts!

e30: kamotors standard fender flare install done by my friend Ray of @raysfactory

started with the rears - top of flare is the high line. drill holes next. draw radius where to cut

cut up to your line. the panel will separate. cut lines to bend sheet metal towards you to weld. pull forward (to tighten) before tacking,

take your time welding. sheetmetal is easy to blow through. cut off excess after and grind down. now it's as strong as it was from the factory, no flexing

spray rust preventatiive under coating, added fender welting and mounted

fronts were much easier

line up fender (notch it to fit trim), drill mounting holes, use tape to find your radius cut

after welting and flare installed

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    its been 109 and climbing....116 high this week.

took a bike ride at 5am when its still 85

^notice the kick stand is not flat on the ground anymore since lowering rear. I ordered a spare on ebay just in case, but I chopped off 1.5" off the kickstand. Turns out the kickstand is hollow, so I put in some 5/8 steel rod (about 4-4.5"), beveled the kick stand ends, and welded it in the stock angle (that's where the 2nd kickstand came in handy! also a JIC sort of thing). ground down the welds, cleaned, then sprayed some etching primer, sanded it smooth and then shot some black over it. Notice the angle it sits at now vs before. It's much safer now and looks just like OEM!

put together a svracing stand for the bike. it was cheaper than 2 pitbull stands, and i can wheel it around the garage with ease. (in case i ever need to put it in a tight corner for storage)

bought a pair of asv f3's...kind of a nostalgia mod (probably shoulda went with the c5's).....i had these on my crf50 and yz125 LONG ago...I have black adjustment wheels on the way...just got too excited to leave them in the box!

Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:28 AM.
    89 325i 4dr s52
    02 BMW 525iT m54b30/manual swapped (daily) *sold*
    21' Toyota Tacoma TRD OR 4x4 6 speed Manual

Comment

i can't see the pictures!

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
        i can't see the pictures!

rip thread....i refuse to pay $99 annual fee for photobucket...i'll have to start hosting elsewhere and slowly fix this thread.
        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

PB sucks so much they messed up my sig pic that wasn't there! WTF???

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

seriously...they want $39/mo or $399/annual for 3rd party hosting...and their quality has always been shit...i just liked it to separate my work and play - and because free! I pay for 3 other domains with 2 servers I can host the images on and it's not even $400/annual. wtf are they thinking!
            89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

PB sucks...!!

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
              ---------------------------------------------------------------
              Transaction Feedback

Comment

DAMNIT! This is why we can't have nice things! Some greedy piece of shit always seems to stick the knife in as deep as possible and then turn it to get all the moniez. I seriously hate capitalism.

I hope we still get to see progress on this. By far my favorite thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                  DAMNIT! This is why we can't have nice things! Some greedy piece of shit always seems to stick the knife in as deep as possible and then turn it to get all the moniez. I seriously hate capitalism.

I hope we still get to see progress on this. By far my favorite thread.
                  Thanks man, this thread is all over the place and not always e30 relevant. I probably won't be fixing the broken url's but I will continue to update here. I'll try to restore some of the images on this page.

small recap of this page (testing img host)

kamotor fender flare install

close up of rear radius cut & weld

sv650 - chopped, reinforced & welded the kickstand for lower ride height

89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

I got so fed up with photobucket earlier I ended up deleting my account. What a shame, at least it was easy to download all my albums.

No real progress has been made. I had an "experience" with a bench grinder and ended up needing 3 stitches in my index/trigger finger so I won't be doing too much until the tendon heals. :ugh:
                    But meanwhile I'm in the process of pricing out a pretty elaborate home renovation, so the budget for the builds have been cut for now.

I got tired of walking into the oven (my garage) and decided to do some quick research on garage door insulation. I decided I wanted to stay at a $200 budget and I'm pretty much spot on. I thought about getting sheets of 1.5" r-tech but I'm glad I went with the 1.25" insulfoam kits from Lowes.

First off....heres the wagon hauling the product home in one trip!

The house I live in is over 30 years old. This is the backside of the garage windows (the outside is dirty)

I finally got around to spraying some rustoleum frosted glass spray paint to kind of block the view...even more so now that it will just be a block of foam there.

I decided to do the two-car garage first and wanted to take an IR temp mid-day to see if it actually helps!

I used one of those snap-off utility knives to cut the foam. The packs make it easy because the height was correct, only needed to cut length! No matter what you do, it will make a huge mess! Make sure you have a shop vac to clean up!!

The garage door has slots that basically holds the foam in place. Some flat garages need PL300 foam board adhesive.

It took me a while because I had to take off the support beams (3) and reinstall by myself (adjusting garage to height and supporting beams on work-horses). It turned out looking REALLY good. Clean up took about an hour......hated it! but I absolutely love the way it looks compared to before! Each pack of 8 boards is about 7lb's. The two-car garage took 16 boards, so I'm guessing its about an additional 10-12lbs.

The next afternoon about 2pm was the moment was truth! I wish I did a before and after ambient temp comparison, but it definitely felt waaaay nicer and less oven-like and i'm just curious because it feels like a drastic change!

YESSSS!!!! it paid itself off with those numbers!!

I finished up the 3rd car garage (the e30's home) tonight. no real good angle to photograph this. installing this side was a HUGE PITA.....had to sit on the trunk a few times.

I'm pretty stoked how well this worked out. I wanted to line the garage door with reflectix but that would mean i would need to deep clean both garages and prep for adhesive (not to mention being well over the $200 budget) but I'm happy with these results as-is. I will eventually replace the bottom seal of the two-car garage door. It's pretty much enough for padding but in no condition to make a good seal.
                    Last edited by s14brent; 08-27-2020, 07:21 AM.
                    89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

The things you have to do when living in the desert ;)

10º are a solid result, good job!

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                      Transaction feedback
                      - jpod999

Comment

Hey guys'! Been MIA, I've been working on a small renovation of my house. Doing new floors , sliding doors and windows. So the wagon is parked outside and the garage is full of furniture and items for donation.

I bought myself a 2015 Honda Grom end of July for a self-birthday gift kind of thing. My friend bought a 2017 Kawasaki z125 and it wasn't very hard to convince me to get a mini-moto since I used to ride crf50's and it brought back the feels.

It was super easy to go full retard with this thing once I had it. I actually found someone with a yoshimura rs9 full exhaust, chimera intake with k&n filter, and a power commander v the day i bought it. He had 100 miles or less on them, and sold them for more than 60% off (with trade of my stock parts). So this thing was stock for a total of 3hrs!!
                        did a bunch of bolt ons nobody here cares about (pro taper bars, new grips, asv levers, windshield, led integrated tail light, bar end mirrors, rearsets, clutch springs, high flow oil pump, and changed over to synthetic). Threw it in the back of z125 friends truck and went out to arroyo grande for a few days.

stayed in a cheap motel and then rode out to pismo beach in the morning and ate some really good seafood at morro bay then kept riding up the pch until it got dark before we turned around. Yes, we rolled the bikes in the room. Their fault for giving us a floor level room!!

the 60 degree weather was wayyyy better than the 10 weeks of 100+ weather here in vegas.

These things are so much fun!!

-------------------

My e39 wagon was making way too much noise from the front suspension...went back to stock struts and h&r springs. ride height sucks again but whatever, it's my daily driver. I also decided to swap out the front thrust arms and lca's while i was there.

my gearwrench ball joint separator did not fit properly and needed to be modified to fit the balljoints properly....I actually ended up shearing the damn pivot pin, not sure why i didn't replace the pin with grade 8 hardware until after the install was done.....smh

but basically without the ball joint separator, the steel sleeve in the aluminum arm will come out and will have to be pressed off the ball joint. shitty. They don't sell the sleeve separately, only replacement spindles. I got lucky and didn't damage the sleeves so i pressed them back in.

i'm so glad i had the tools to finish the job (cut off wheels, press, bfh..etc)

Anyways the wagon rides way more stiff up front with fresh ball joints!! I need to get the wagon detailed, I also really want to throw on that m5 front bumper already!! (no garage space)
                        ------------------------------------------------------
                        anyways, e30 is annoying....i have to check the ac pressure switch to the fuse box wiring. I gave up working on this car around that point. Somewhere in that area I lose power. but everything else before is getting 12v.

I got a call from a local e30 guy, he was selling his bolt in rollbar. I haven't bought it yet, but it's sitting inside my car currently.....for storage i guess! there are a few parts I don't like about it. I might buy it because I actually like the idea of it being removable. I don't know what the end goal is for this car, all i know is I want to start driving it at events SOON.

and I finally went under the car to adjust the tie rods (since switching to e36 m3 LCA's)
                        The lemforeder tie rods are all the way in (or closed?) and I kind of wish there was more adjustment there. I guess I'll find out once I get it on an alignment rack.

the valance is hanging, and the car is on jackstands (rideheight not set), but damn i need vegas to drop 20 degrees so I can work on this thing again because this thing looks rad!!
                        Last edited by s14brent; 08-26-2020, 12:23 AM.
                        89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

solid work man.

Comment

My buddy just picked up a Grom but I haven't had a chance to cruise around on it yet, how do you like it?

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                            Transaction feedback
                            - jpod999

Comment

Originally posted by jpod999 View Post
                              My buddy just picked up a Grom but I haven't had a chance to cruise around on it yet, how do you like it?
                              super fun. i love this thing, but definitely don't bring it on the freeway. I think i've gone 62mph top with intake,exhaust, power commander and -1 (14t) front sprocket. I want to do the front forks now that I did the rear, the stock suspension is probably meant for someone 80-90lbs.

----------------------------------------------
                              no real e30 progress, been busy with fight weekend, and now labor day weekend, then music festivals the next 2 weekends.....so my September does not look bright for the e30 at least!
                              I took out the rollbar and sold it already. I did not want to modify it and there was a part of it that would just bug me everytime i looked at it. I instead stumbled across some e39 touring Fortune Auto front coilovers (rare/discontinued) so i bought those, they should be here in about a week. I have the factory SLS rear suspension. I don't know if I'll convert the rears eventually or not. Wagon is the daily, i have to keep reminding myself that!
                              89 325i 4dr s52

Comment

Originally posted by s14brent View Post
                                .... I instead stumbled across some e39 touring Fortune Auto front coilovers (rare/discontinued) so i bought those, they should be here in about a week. I have the factory SLS rear suspension. I don't know if I'll convert the rears eventually or not. Wagon is the daily, i have to keep reminding myself that!
                                Its a tough thing to do, I will look at some crazy performance E30 mods for the new daily, but I have to stop and remind myself the same thing. The Datsun needs some money, so Im trying to focus on that instead of buying a turbo kit for the E30... Damn Charlie and Abby (Sh3rpak!ng & ak-) keep putting bad ideas in my head!
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X