Project Frankenstein. . My journey with my E30's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MouseRat View Post
    Just sat and read through all of this! It's quite a journey, and you have ended up with a very nice car...the M30 is the engine of the Gods ;)
    Where in the UK are you based? I've not seen many people from this side of the pond on R3V!
    Thank you for taking the time to read it mate :D Im in London what about you?

Originally posted by CubbyChowder View Post
    Awesome build! Have you fitted the e46 steering rack yet? I'm heavily considering this upgrade for mine.
    Thanks man :D I haven't had the time to fit it yet :oops:
    I will be fitting it soon and when i do I will update my thread 8)

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
    Perfect for the radiator. #14x1.75" with a fender washer using the speedclip/nut from the headlight. I had cut off the pre-exisiting ones of course to make way for the new radiator. I do not have the welding ability or capability to fashion a support. Maybe a little JB Weld? I will figure a solution to secure the bottom end. Thank you for that. You are right. It is made for the headlight sized speed clip!
    I'm glad I could help man! :up:

"When Passion and Skill work together..the end result is often a masterpiece. ."
    Project Frankenstein :twisted: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359297

Comment

So due to this freak weather the beast is seeing alot more action then it is used to at this time of the year :D

Here's some pics from last nights cruise up to Central london 8)

"When Passion and Skill work together..the end result is often a masterpiece. ."
      Project Frankenstein :twisted: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359297

Comment

Originally posted by cypriotgeeza View Post
        Thank you for taking the time to read it mate :D Im in London what about you?
        I'm a bit west of London, over in Windsor. Not far at all!

Comment

Awesome work! You have good taste in E30s.

1991 318iS Sterlingsilber - 1989 325i Cirrusblau (sold) - 1990 318iC Brilliantrot (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by MouseRat View Post
            I'm a bit west of London, over in Windsor. Not far at all!
            I love visiting windsor castle! Lovely area!

Comment

Originally posted by SSE30 View Post
              Awesome work! You have good taste in E30s.
              Thanks man :up:

Comment

Just a couple from last weekends Drive 8)

Comment

Update time :D

Ok so it's not a massive or complex update but it's one that was well needed!

Replaced my under bonnet insulation and what a bloody difference this made to the engine bay!! :D

Before

After

winkeye

Now I'm dreading opening the bonnet and seeing where the M30 has moulded into the insulation as it has higher points than an M20 lump :?

Then I focused my attention to changing the horseshoe struts and instantly ran into a bit of a problem.

The original cylinder is a lot thinner than the new struts

(sorry about the blurry pic)

so trying to mount them the original way wasn't happening as the strut casing was touching the Horseshoe hinge before the slot for the E-clip was visible

So I flipped it around and viola fits and works perfectly :D

Almost brought a tear to my eye how it actually stayed open on its own haha

No more elbow on the horseshoe while trying to manoeuvre the hood into the compartment :D:D

Plenty more to come soon! 8)
                  Last edited by cypriotgeeza; 04-02-2016, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Late to the party but SUB'D. What a wonderful car. Phenomenal work on the M30 and great taste!

A couple of favors to ask
                    1) do you have any pics from underneath showing the MT1, air ducts, inner fender panels and engine undertray? the more the better.

2) are you willing to share the last 7 digits of your VIN so we can look up the factory options and build date?

thanks much!
                    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                    DB vert plastic bumpers
                    OEM Keys
                    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                    91 ic Calypso 3.1
                    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                      Late to the party but SUB'D. What a wonderful car. Phenomenal work on the M30 and great taste!

A couple of favors to ask
                      1) do you have any pics from underneath showing the MT1, air ducts, inner fender panels and engine undertray? the more the better.

2) are you willing to share the last 7 digits of your VIN so we can look up the factory options and build date?

thanks much!
                      Thanks for the sub :D

Here is the factory spec sheet i printed at work ;)

I'm not sure if I have any pics of the underneath at the front! I will have a look on my external hard drive and get back to you :up:

Comment

that's perfect thank you! was curious about whether the MT1 package appeared on the options sheet. apparently the answer is no :-)
                        I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
                        DB vert plastic bumpers
                        OEM Keys
                        MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                        91 ic Calypso 3.1
                        86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
                        TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
                        e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                          that's perfect thank you! was curious about whether the MT1 package appeared on the options sheet. apparently the answer is no :-)
                          I think it does..mine may have been fitted later :)

Comment

So..this turned up today ;D

Now im itching to fit this!! 8)

Quick Q..im going to be getting the E46 rear M3 cab top mounts...What front top mounts does everyone recommend? or should I stick to good old E30 ones?

Also does anyone know what the letter at the top of the springs stand for?

The ones on my car atm have B/P

and the new ones have Front: B/Y Rear: C/M :?

Comment

Nice work
                              91 DS S52 Slicktop, 91 Calypso M42, 89 Royalblau M20, 84 Bahama Beige 323i, M535, Euro e24, ap1

www.RenownUSA.com
                              ig @RenownUSA / @rude.scott

Comment

Awesome! I love this car.

As far as front strut mounts, do you want adjustability? If so I'm a fan of the Vorschlag mounts. Ground Control also makes good ones. If you're not concerned about adjustability, plain old OEM would be fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X