Project Frankenstein. . My journey with my E30's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cypriotgeeza View Post
    I had this exact same conversation with my friend and I am now considering H&R sport springs.. Was yours a 60mm drop?

Also do you have any pics?

Original OEM with euroweaves

Current
    I BUY/SELL REFURBISHED CM5907s & CM5908s

HOWTOs:
    DB vert plastic bumpers
    OEM Keys
    MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
    91 ic Calypso 3.1
    86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

reelizmpro: I will always be an e30 guy.. I still do all of my own labor
    TrentW: There's just something so right about a well-built M20 in an E30
    e30m3s54turbo: I save my money for tuner parts.

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
      Original OEM with euroweaves

Current
      Thanks for that mate! It sits nice! :D

Do you have the link for the springs you bought?

Thanks again :up:

"When Passion and Skill work together..the end result is often a masterpiece. ."
      Project Frankenstein :twisted: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359297

Comment

Slight Update peeps! :D

It's been a busy weekend with the 30!

Been out with the top down non-stop since Friday night and have been loving every minute! 8)

The only thing that was doing my nut was how loud the exhaust is!

I've had this powerflow back section sitting in my garden for ages so I decided to fit it! The backbox itself isn't in the greatest condition but it will do until I get something custom made up for it!

It sounds so much more refined now! When im cruising i can hear passengers and music instead of having to shout all the time

The M30 still howls like a beast when I put my foot down! :twisted:

Went to a couple of car meets aswell! 8)

"When Passion and Skill work together..the end result is often a masterpiece. ."
        Project Frankenstein :twisted: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=359297

Comment

Update time peeps!

Ok I haven't really liked the ride height since I fitted the B12 kit as it doesn't look like its dropped 40mm..(drives amazing though)

I'm putting it down to fresh top mounts spring pads etc..

But still I wanted a bit more low without going coil overs or air, so I bought this bad boy! 8)

H&R Sport cup Kit with a 60/40mm drop 8)

I made quick work in fitting them as I've kept the Bilstein B8 shocks on..I've heard the B8 + H&R combination is the best so thought I'd see how it felt before considering replacing the shocks..

How they compared:

What a difference on the front :o

How the car sat after 8) (At vanity bmw show)

I'm much happier with this setup! Feels tight and solid and with a little bit more profile on the sidewall of the tyres it will be spot on for me :)
          Last edited by cypriotgeeza; 07-27-2016, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Nice! Looking good, I'm glad the Cup Kit worked out for you. There's always been some debate on here about whether it's too soft for the extra weight of a convertible (rides too low) but yours seems to be spot on :up:

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
              Nice! Looking good, I'm glad the Cup Kit worked out for you. There's always been some debate on here about whether it's too soft for the extra weight of a convertible (rides too low) but yours seems to be spot on :up:
              Thanks man! :)

Yea i think with a bit more profile on the tyre it will be perfect for me..I love that old school look! I have alot of friends telling me I need to go lower but I like my sump in one piece lol

Comment

That and you'll end up ripping off your lovely tech 1 front at some point.

Both cars looking great - well done.
                My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Originally posted by lukeADE335i View Post
                  That and you'll end up ripping off your lovely tech 1 front at some point.

Both cars looking great - well done.
                  my thoughts exactly! Plus I want to drive the car (sometimes hard) without worrying about every dip in the road!

Comment

Update time!

Ok so last weekend I decided it was time I sorted out my front timing cover oil leak which was gradually getting worse and making my driveway a mess! :-x

But it's not that simple when you have a big lump like the M30 in a small engine bay like the E30 so out came the radiator and all the coolant due to no access to the distributor cap :roll:

I'm actually now believeing the leak was a blessing in disguise as i removed everything and found this :o

There was 2 cracks and i put a bit of pressure on it in my hands and thats how it ended up! :o:

and the distributor cap had definitely seen better days! :?

So fresh Bosch replacements were ordered and in the mean time I decided to freshen up the front timing cover itself 8)

Before

After

Time lapse...

Thats a bit better

It was also the perfect excuse I needed to change my bottom hose with the original E28 one I bought a while ago! 8)

Got it all back together and didn't get any pics as I was trying to get finished in time to get to a local meet

Man that distributor made a massive difference with the response from the throttle! 8O Picks up instantly now and revs more smooth and precise! Couldn't be any more happy with the beast right now!

and here's my car with some other gorgeous examples at the meet :up:

Comment

SWEET pic! post more please :-)

HOWTOs:
                      DB vert plastic bumpers
                      OEM Keys
                      MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                      91 ic Calypso 3.1
                      86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Originally posted by bradnic View Post
                        SWEET pic! post more please :-)
                        Thanks bro! :D

Are you on instagram?

My one is: Cypriotgeeza

and my photography page is: Cypriotproductions

follow me man :up:

Comment

Just a couple from my late night cruise..

I love this machine! :roll:

Comment

fbcfbc

Thank you very much for sharing. http://bigpaperwriter.com/blog/frank...critical-essay Enjoy reading.

Comment

updates?

happy new year

HOWTOs:
                              DB vert plastic bumpers
                              OEM Keys
                              MTech1 docs

88 ix Lach/Card
                              91 ic Calypso 3.1
                              86 Cosmo 2.7

OEM+ or bust!

Comment

Working...
                              X