No announcement yet.

my front valance/bumper in primer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hate you ruined a perfectly good RD spoiler for that.
    Trevor Ely
    '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
    '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

Originally posted by bmwm3n528
      Hate you ruined a perfectly good RD spoiler for that.
      +1,000

kyle
      1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
      DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by e30vert
        Wow the front looks like ROBOCOP. Freeze citizen!
        exactly!
        E30 325ix 62k

Comment

I'm all for DIY and individuality. But I'm also a supporter of taste and craftsmanship. You accomplished neither of those. Sorry dude.
          sigpic

Comment

Mommy, my tummy hurts.
            Originally posted by Gruelius
            and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

perhaps some black trim would help..

Comment

Originally posted by kowalski
                looks good from the side, its going to change color and a europlate will add some contrast. i think it will look fine, its not what i envisioned from the start but ill work with it. i think i'f i had recessed the valance about a half inch it would look a lot better but live and learn i guess.
                Why does everybody try that "more contrast will make it better" argument? That second picture you posted looks better. If the sides were too long to fit under the bumper, I just would have trimmed them to length and viola. That's what I'm doing with my eS valence someday.

Comment

...to each his own. if he likes it, then i guess we have to accept that. ....even though its obviously hideous

Comment

Originally posted by Hatchman
                    perhaps some black trim would help..
                    yes perhaps.

Sold it.

Comment

Not my taste, But you could guy could def be a little nicer. It really grinds my gears when people act holier then thou.

N
                      Last edited by needle332rur; 06-25-2006, 08:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by needle332rur
                        Not my taste, But you could guy could def be a little nicer. It really grinds my gears when people act holier then thou.

N
                        OT, M Systems look fantastic on M3s.

That is all.
                        Trevor Ely
                        '95 M Sport 540i - '00 A4 1.8TQMS - '85 190E 2.3-16
                        '88 535is - '87 325e - '89 325is - '91 318is - '90 325is - '96 328is

Comment

i don't really care what any of you have to say about it, i will agree it looked better on the table then it did on the car, its also not painted so it will look 10 x better painted and when i put in the turn signals. i just think its sad how every car has to look the same way in order for it to look good... i tried stepping out of the box sure i failed but its not hard to undo. i can take it appart and step the valance back an inch which is what im going to do when i have the time. as for whoever suggested cutting the valance, i thought about that but i wouldl have also been cutting off the p/n for the valance which i wanted to save. its not hard to change these things, just cut the fiberglass off and sand it down and its back to a perfectly good valance. all i see arround here is people buying off the shelf parts and bolting onto their cars, try being original for a change...

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer2288
                            I'm all for DIY and individuality. But I'm also a supporter of taste and craftsmanship. You accomplished neither of those. Sorry dude.
                            how did i not accomplish craftsmanship? lol... it looks like i wanted it to i just hadn't seen it on a car before so i had no idea what it would look like, now i do, now i can change it, its not the end of the world
                            edit: and by the way, i'd like to see any of your guys's work, especialy the "craftsmanship" guy and check the quality of it. i will take banter on how it looks, but anyone bashing the quality when you no nothing, and have seen nothing but a layer of paint bash quality, the thing is only like 1/4 done so you can't call the turn signals poor quality because they havn't even had any work on them yet.
                            Last edited by kowalski; 06-25-2006, 10:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER
                              yes perhaps.
                              i was thinking that.
                              looks like its smooth and well done.
                              interesting to see finished product

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                              @Zakspeed_US

Comment

I say cut 2" out of the middle in front so it pulls the sides closer to the fenders (when looking from the front). That would help the look, but like you said, it doesn't look good on the car. Keep working it, maybe you can surprise some of the haters :p
                                '88 M3.2 S54 Lachssilber/Black
                                '07 335i Alpine/Black Sedan
                                '12 X5 3.5i Alpine/Black
                                iS Splitters For Sale, PM ME!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X